Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 7th, 2013 19:00

Printer Dell 313 has never worked properly?

From the very first day I have had my printer it has never really worked properly I contacted Customer support and they remotely fixed the problem but now my warranty has run out.  I have downloaded new drivers after removing the old drivers and it seems to work for a day and then I get the error message printer cannot communicate with computer. I am NOT technical so any help will have to be in very simple terms.

The issue is driving me mad all I want is for the printer to work. I have recently printed a test page and it gets half way through finding it on the computer screen then just stops NO printing or anything starts. Any solutions please.   

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 7th, 2013 23:00

Sherford,

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 8th, 2013 09:00

Sherford,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Kepp me posted if the communications returns. Also tell me if the printer is wired or wireless.

Take care,

Rick

5 Posts

June 8th, 2013 08:00

Thank you for your help it appears to have worked fingers crossed. You are a star

5 Posts

June 8th, 2013 09:00

Rick

It was on a USB but I have since tried it on wireless and its still working so it sounds good. I think.

All I can say is you need to post this everywhere I have been trying to sort this for months with Tech's at Dell and they have not been much help.

So thank you again

Ken

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 8th, 2013 10:00

Ken,

You can also lose the communications is the wireless router is using auto channels. Channels 1, 6 or 11 give the best results, I use channel 11.

During electrical storms and power flickers, communications can also be lost. Power cycling the equipment, ISP modem/router, wireless router(if any) and your printer for 30 seconds(I would unplug the printer for 30 seconds), should bring back communications to everything.

Rick

No Events found!