Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2008 11:00

Printer spits out blank pages

I have a Dell AIO Photo 926 and lately it's been spitting out blank or almost blank pages . . . at most one line prints. Please help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 24th, 2008 11:00

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

22 Posts

November 25th, 2008 06:00

I followed your instructions and the test page printed out fine. But then I tired to print a document and only one line printed. So the problem persists. What do I do now?

22 Posts

November 25th, 2008 09:00

Forget my last message! I went thru your procedure a second time and now my printer is behaving. Many thanks for your help and apologies for my mistake.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 25th, 2008 15:00

Please select the answer so others searching the forums will know how you fixed your problem.

Rick

22 Posts

November 26th, 2008 08:00

Hello Rick

By select answers do you mean click on one of those stars to rate the response? I didn't know what those stars meants. I just find this site really confusing but guess I'll muddle thru, as long as there are people like you to help. Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 26th, 2008 11:00

Got it straightened out.

Have a nice Holiday.

Rick

1 Message

December 29th, 2008 17:00

I am having the same problem with my Dell 926 printing blank pages.  In my case, some graphics and web pages will print the images, but no text will print along with the images.  Word processing and spreadsheet programs print out blank pages.  If create directions on MapQuest, the maps and symbols print, but not the text that go along with it.  I tried the solution above, but the patch would not run; I received an error that "Setup.exe has stopped working."  I tried this several times.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice.  I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

No Events found!