Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

March 2nd, 2010 04:00

Problem with Paper Feed on 966 All-in-One Printer

My 966 All-in-One printer has developed a fault where it won't feed in paper from the paper tray. When I print from Windows the printer takes the paper in a small distance and starts the print head, but then stalls as if the roller hasn't grabbed the paper. It then displays a 'paper jam' error message, except that the paper has to be removed from the underside of the machine after removing the paper tray, as the paper has not gone far enough in to cause a jam. I've tried different paper weights and types, but it makes no difference - it simply won't feed paper into the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2010 09:00

PSutton,

The only thing I can think to try is to unplug the printer, remove the power brick and then turn the printer upside down for 30 seconds and see it something jars loose and comes out. Sometimes a small object can fall into the printer without you knowing about it. You can also try using a vacuum cleaner and see if it can pull anything out near the feed rollers.

Rick

October 22nd, 2010 18:00

I have the same problem. I have tried what you say and it doesn't help. Can I clean the roller and if so, how do I go about it? My manual doesn't have anything in it about how to clean the printer.

Fran

<ADMIN NOTE:Email id removed per privacy policy>

My 966 All-in-One printer has developed a fault where it won't feed in paper from the paper tray. When I print from Windows the printer takes the paper in a small distance and starts the print head, but then stalls as if the roller hasn't grabbed the paper. It then displays a 'paper jam' error message, except that the paper has to be removed from the underside of the machine after removing the paper tray, as the paper has not gone far enough in to cause a jam. I've tried different paper weights and types, but it makes no difference - it simply won't feed paper into the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No Events found!