Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2009 17:00

Problems with All-In-One Center not installing on Vista computer

I recently purchased a new computer and tried to install the All-In-One Center application, but am not getting the option to install it from the CD. The application was previously installed on my XP laptop.

The menu opens when I insert the CD, but it only gives me the option to update the driver. I'm using the same CD that came with the computer and the same one that I used to install the application on my XP computer.

The printer works fine with the Vista computer, but I am unable to scan, fax, etc. without the All-In-One Center.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 10th, 2009 10:00

camrice,

Today is your lucky day. I happened to do a search and was able to locate Vista 64-bit privers for the 942 printer.

Remember to disconnect the printer, run the patch, restart the computer, install the proper drivers and connect when prompted(powered on)

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2009 18:00

camrice,

The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package. 942 printer, correct? If you have the 942 printer then please follow the instructions below and you should be able to get the Dell All-In-One Center back.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit drivers

Vista 64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be propmted when to connect the printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

3 Posts

January 10th, 2009 08:00

Thanks for responding! I downloaded the driver and was able to install it. I can see the folder for the All-In-One Center, but when I select "setup" it doesn't do anything. I noticed the download is for Vista 32-bit. I have Vista 64-bit, could that be part of the problem?

3 Posts

January 10th, 2009 15:00

Rick,

You're my hero! It worked. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 10th, 2009 16:00

camrice,

Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

No Events found!