Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2009 11:00

R190176.exe

When printing a document, I encounter the following problems:

1. When trying to print a document, if I click the (printer's) Properties button, an unusual dialog appears together with an alert that informs me that there is a problem. When then I try to click in the dialog, the wordprocessing program closes. (If, however, I click Print without trying to open the Properties, the document is printed.)

2. When I click the taskbar tray icon to remove safely the printer cable, it thinks that the printer is an immense storage device. (It lets me remove it safely though.)

Since the problem seems to have started after installing the (optional) R190176.exe driver for my Dell V305 printer, I suspect that this is the culprit. How do I remove it and reinstall the original driver?

emf

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2009 12:00

emf,

Before you do anything, let me ask you a question or two.

Did you have a memory card in the reader when you tried to shutdown your computer?

Do you have the wireless option on your printer?

Rick

62 Posts

September 1st, 2009 13:00

Did you have a memory card in the reader when you tried to shutdown your computer?

No.

Do you have the wireless option on your printer?

Not yet.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2009 13:00

emfrilingos,

If this doesn't work, then please post the make and model of your computer and operating system.

Follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers, you'll be prompter when to connect the printer(powered on)

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

62 Posts

September 1st, 2009 15:00

Install the proper drivers, you'll be prompter when to connect the printer(powered on)

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Dear Rick.

Thanks for your help so far. I just downloaded the driver after iunistalling the printer and rebooting. Now I want to make sure I understand your directions correctly: I should run the driver I downloaded. While installing, it will ask me to connect the printer. Then a dialog box will ask me to select the printer and the OS, etc. Have I got it right?

Also, should I install also the other optional driver (Dell Firmware)?

Eustace

PS. The tags of my first message contain info on my system.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2009 17:00

Eustace,

You install the proper drivers, Which if I researched the R190176.exe correctly, you have a Vista 32-bit system, correct? If you're not sure, try control panel system and look and see is you have 32-bit or 64-bit. If yo have 64-bit, then the R190176.exe is the wrong driver.

If correct, then install the driver first, it will say something like the printer is not connected. Connect it at this time, then follow the instructions.

Don't do any firmware as it flashes the printer. The printer should be fine without it.

Rick

62 Posts

September 2nd, 2009 00:00

Thanks again. Things now seem to be as they should. Some more little things though:

1. When I click the icon in the taskbar to remove the USB cable it says: "Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device - Drive F". I suppose this is as it should be, isn't it?

2. I observe that except from V305 I also have Microsoft XPS Document Writer and OneNote 2007. I hadn't paid attention to these before. What on earth are they?

3. Is there any way to set a saved printer profile (Draft, Black and White) as the default?

4. How can I  make the Dell Imaging Toolbox not load in the taskbar tray when I boot the computer? I do not connect and use the printer more than a few times a month you see...

Eustace

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2009 02:00

Eustace,

I never used Microsoft XPS Document Writer, even though it's on my computer.

Don't know what OneNot 2007 is.

Hit the Windows Key and the R keys at the same time. Type

msconfig

Hit enter. Click the startup tab. Uncheck the Dell Imaging toolbox from there. make sure not to uncheck anything that's needed to start the computer and your Virus protection. Make sure to leave the printer there, just have the toolbox program unchecked.

Start, control panel, printers, your printer, printer preferences. Make your printer preferences there, then click ok. I think it remembers what your settings are.

Rick

62 Posts

September 2nd, 2009 07:00

In msconfig I only see 2 items that seem related to v305: dldtamon and dldtmon.exe. Which one I should uncheck?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2009 08:00

emfrilingos,

First try start, all programs, startup. In the folder what do you see? If it's there, just right click and delete it. They are just shortcuts to start programs at startup and they will remain on the computer.

If not there, then try one at a time, restart your computer and see if it starts or not. Also try the printer and see if it works. If the printer does not work, then you need to go back and check the box.

When I first moved, I didn't have my printer setup. I kept getting the Printer communications error, but if the printer is not connected, there is no need to worry. You most likely will not see this message unless using the wireless function.

Rick

No Events found!