Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2014 22:00

Reduce/enlarge copy with B1163w

I purchased a Dell B1163w multi-function printer for my parents. They want to do a 50% reduction of a photocopy. The Product Brochure states that the B1163w can do a reduction/enlargement from 25% to 400%. On page 42 of the B1163w User Guide, it says to select "copy" on the Control Panel, and then copy settings can be customized, including "Reduce/Enlarge". There is no "copy" button on the Control panel, nor is it evident how to program a reduction/enlargement. Please advise.

B1163w Product Brochure:

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/print/en/dell_b1163w_brochure_us.pdf

B1163w User Guide:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_printers_main/esuprt_printers_mono_laser/dell-b1163_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

459 Posts

February 21st, 2014 22:00

The button is used to change the user
interface to the advanced settings user interface
(see "Advanced settings user interface overview"
on page 162).

Then 

If you want to customize the copy settings such as Reduce/Enlarge,
Darkness, Contrast or Original Type, from Dell Printer Manager, click
the Device Setting tab > Copy tab

3 Posts

February 21st, 2014 23:00

Thanks for the reply, 30yearexpert. There is an "Advanced settings interface overview" section on page 165 of the version of the User's Guide that I have. However, it appears to be related to the Dell Printer Manager software, as is the "button" to which you are referring.

Page 42 of my version of the User Guide's (entitled "Basic copying") indicates that the functions are available through the "control panel" directly on the printer, which is described on page 19 of my version of the User's Guide. There are dozens of references to the "control panel" in the User's Guide, and all of them are in reference to the panel directly on the printer. There are no references to any sort of "control panel" in the Dell Printer Manager. It really seems like the reduction/enlargement function is intended to work directly on the printer without involving a computer.

That said, if a computer is really required, does the Dell Printer Manager allow entering a percentage between 25% and 400% to allow reductions/enlargements of copies?

3 Posts

February 25th, 2014 20:00

For anybody who sees this thread based on having a similar problem, I wanted to let you know the outcome. After communicating with Dell support, they confirmed that the documentation (User's Guide, sales brochure, etc.) erroneously state that the B1163 printer can do reduction/enlargement from the printer's control panel. Apparently, the documentation was based on the B1165, which has these functions. Dell is apparently in the process of updating the documentation.

105 Posts

February 28th, 2014 01:00

Thanks for sharing this information. My sister experienced the same problem and asked me to find a solution for it. At least now I can share with her some information to prove that I did my research.

No Events found!