Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2013 20:00

Reinstalling printer v305

I had problems with the printer, and tried to uninstall it and reinstall it following the directions on http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=278582 After running R264821.exe I reached a dialog that congratulated me, but then nothing. I thought I was all set, but I can't print test page from the computer. When I open the Start > Settings > Printers, v305 is not there. I also installed the Firmware $264847.eze, but that did not change the situation. How should I proceed?

August 1st, 2013 22:00

Is it a wired or a wireless printer? Did u receive a disk along with printer?

62 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 01:00

I connect with USB but the printer can also be wireless. Yes, I do have a disc, but it is somewhat difficult to find it right now.

August 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi emfrilingos

Thanks for the update. I would suggest you to disconnect the printer cable from the laptop.

•Uninstall the Printer Driver from Programs and Features

•Navigate to :( 32bit OS) C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86.

•Uninstall the drivers related to printers.

•Install the drivers which you have downloaded, go through the installation process you will get a page where it prompts you to connect the printer cable only then you need to connect it. Finish the installation try to print a test. Please reply  with your findings.

You can find the printer drivers here

http://dell.to/16LQuC8

62 Posts

August 3rd, 2013 05:00

Thanks for the reply, but before following your directions: I found the disc. Should I install the drivers, or use the disc?

62 Posts

August 4th, 2013 06:00

Also: I uninstalled the Printer from Programs and Features.

Now, in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86 folder there are several items:

3 folders:

{30771020-...} containing dldtwhgw.exe

{345AF576-...} containing dldtwhgw.exe

3 containing fpdfcjk.bin, msonpdrv.dll, msonpui.dll

6 files:

frdvpr_drv.dll

frdvpr_pnt.txt

frdvpr_ui.dll

msonpdrv.dll

msonpui.dll

Which of these folder and files should I delete?

BTW, I haven't used any other printer, though in the Control Panel > Printers folder there is a Send to OneNote 2007 that I have no idea what it is and have never used.

emf

August 5th, 2013 00:00

Hi emfrilingos

Thanks for the update.

Please ignore the folders that you found on your system. Since you have completely uninstalled the drivers and also found the driver disk I would suggest you to install the drivers from the disk and go through the installation process you will get a page where it prompts you to connect the printer cable only then you need to connect it. Finish the installation try to print a test. Please reply with your findings.

One note is a part of Microsoft Office so you need not worry about it since it will show up by default.

62 Posts

August 5th, 2013 15:00

Here we go again. I inserted the disc and went through the installing proceedure again. I feached the Congratulions dialog, clicked Test Page, and then nothing happened. In the  Setting > Printers folder there is only the OneNote. I leftclicked to safely remove the USB cable and then plugged it in again: It started to install driver softward, Then it informed me that Dell v305 is ready to use, but the v305 does not appear in the printers folder. I try to print a txt page, but the Notepad Print dialog only included the OneNote.

This is the original problem for which I started this thread.

What else should I try?

August 5th, 2013 20:00

Sorry for this issue emfrilingos

Not to worry I will see what best can be done to fix this issue. I would need the following details of the original customer registered to the printer.

1. Service tag

2.first name and last name

3.address

4.Primary number and secondary number(if any)

5.Best time to reach

6.Email address. My working hours are from 8pm to 5am CST.

Please send me all these details on a private message. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

No Events found!