Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 30th, 2014 05:00

Replacement Driver CD for Dell 1355cn

Hi all I have a Dell 1355cn Printer. I have an Installation CD for Mac there doesn't appear to be any drivers for Windows on this CD, the only files on there are a mpkg file and some PDF documents relating to warranties, usage etc. This CD doesn't work in a Windows XP environment in-so-much-as it doesn't see the mpkg file. (I know XP is no longer secure but this system; believe it or not, isn't internet enabled) This also makes it awkward to install it; (you get so used to just going online and downloading stuff).

I really can't remember whether this printer came with 2 CD's with one being for mac and the other for windows so I am assuming from my inspection of the Mac CD there must have been a Windows CD.

If so where can I get a replacement CD.

I have installed the printer so no problem there, I'd just like to have a proper install CD if one exists for Windows.

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 09:00

Hello DARKAN9EL,

Thank you for posting to the forum. We are not able to provide to replacement CDs other than what you original received when you ordered the printer. You may be able to obtain one thru a third party site, but I have no direct recommendations.

The course of action I would advise is downloading the software package to a USB drive and then using that to complete the install. A link to the install package is below.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=H6R6V&fileId=3352891981&osCode=WW1&productCode=dell-1355cn-cwn&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AP

Regards,

Joseph E

#iworkfordell

No Events found!