Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2016 15:00

S2815dn Won't Allow Manual Input of Fax Numbers/Emails

Howdy!  

I tried Dell tech support today with this question and they suggested upgrading the firmware.  However, the firmware downloaded from the Dell site says it is cannot run on my PC (I've tried it on Win 10 and Win 7).  

So, anyone familiar with the S2815dn that could tell me what setting I'm missing?  When I try to manually enter a number in for a fax I get an "unable to enter fax number manually" error.  I can send and receive faxes fine using the preset speed dial numbers.  The same thing goes for scan to email --I can send to a preset email, but I cannot manually enter an address.  I've dug through the manual and I can't figure out the problem.

Thanks!

Erin

July 19th, 2016 09:00

The answer--swapping out printers.  No matter what the Dell tech and I tried, nothing worked.  The new printer set up like a charm, downloaded the new firmware without a hitch, and I was able to send faxes like one should be able to do with a MFP.

52 Posts

July 16th, 2016 20:00

Go to the user guide --> page#357 ("Sending a fax manually")

As a suggestion:

If you open the toner door, you can scan the QR Code to get to the printer specific tech support page and access the product documents.  OR take the simple option and click on this link <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

52 Posts

July 18th, 2016 04:00

For the scan-to-email ad-hoc e-mail address question, it is pretty easy.  Make sure scan-to-email is configured properly and the "Scan to Email" application is selectable.  Thereafter, select the app, touch, the recipient box, allow the manual keyboard to be displayed, and then input the e-mail address.  Refer to page 341 ("Sending an E-mail With the Scanned File").

No Events found!