Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2012 21:00

Scan to Email WITHOUT the PC and without a "shortcut"

I just bought this new V725w to replace a Photo AIO 966 that I had mountains of frustration with, both with the 3300 wireless card and with the scanning function.

I nearly sent it back after a few hours of trying to figure out how to get it to send a scan directly to e-mail (as a PDF) without having to have the computer on.

Long story short, I am able to scan to email now, but only after I set up a "shortcut".  I *believe* I should be able to scan to email to any contact in the contacts list (that has an e-mail address), but I can't figure out how to do that from the control panel.

I should be able to walk up to the unit and scan directly to e-mail, and it should walk me through either selecting an existing address book contact that has an e-mail address, or entering a new e-mail address somehow at the panel.

If the ONLY way to scan directly to e-mail is to set up a "shortcut" then that's a shortcoming.  I have to say, this being the second Dell all-in-one inkjet I've purchased, both based on Lexmark designs, if these types of things keep happening, it will be my last Dell printer.

1 Message

September 8th, 2012 13:00

Hello Doug,

Can you please help me with the detailed description, how to do it. and in which settings

No Events found!