Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2008 19:00

Scanning with my Dell AIO All_in_One printer....I can't do it, can you help me?

I have done it before but its been months since we've used the printer for more than a place to set the modem.

I need to scan some papers to my computer, but when I push the Scan button it just looks back at me.  I imagine if it had a head it would be

shaking it at me saying "no way, pal!"

I though it was just aone button deal, but I've been thinking, do you need a certain software installed before the scan feature will work?

We had a Malware awhile ago, and maybe that did something to the software, and I know that I deleted a Photo-somthing trying to get rid of unused programs, and maybe THAT is the problem.

Any help would be great, or direct me to someplace I can download an instruction booklet or installation software (this stuff was already on

this computer when I purchased it from my wife's, cousin's, sister's neighbor's, friend. LOL, actually just wife's friend, but that was fun wasn't it.

thank you in advance,

jz

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2008 02:00

924 printer, right? Then follow these instructions, in case you accidentally deleted something.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!