Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2009 12:00

Trouble installing AIO 964 printer

I am having trouble getting the printer installed with the downloads from Dell website. I follow the normal path, but the printer doesn't install. I am able to scan, but not print. I have tried it several times with setup, running it normally and well as administrator.

I'm running Vista and everytime I uninstall it and try reinstalling it, It downloads the driver automatically, which has not worked. I have also disconnected from the web so it can't do an automatic upday. I assume it is using Windows Update to get this driver.

Any ideas?

Also, I see no setup file for the Memory Card Manager. Does this install with the printer sdoftware?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 19th, 2009 13:00

triptrish,

Please follow these instructions as I have them and the printer will install for you.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(A MUST on Vista Machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the 964 printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

1 Message

April 3rd, 2009 06:00

Hi, I am having the same problem with network (re)installation of the AIO 964. I have done everything above - used the patch to completely remove printer and AIOC software. Firmwares are up-to-date. I am running Windows XP and all updates are also up-to-date.

I have tried to reinstall the printer using both the Drivers and Utilities CD from Dell as well as XP drivers downloaded from Dell Support. After I click on the Network Installation option, nothing happens and neither the printer nor the AIOC software is installed.

Anticipating your help with a solution.

Thanks very much.

teekay17

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 3rd, 2009 12:00

teekay17,

Please start a new thread and tell me how you're connecting the 964 printer to your network. Wired to a host computer or Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 or some other type of wireless print server. Make and model and operating system(s) or your computers(s) will be helpful as well as the make and model of your wireless router.

Rick

No Events found!