Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2005 02:00

Trouble recycling ink cartridges

My ink cartridge order came missing 2 recycling envelopes.  I looked up Dell Ink Cartridge Recycling online....and clearly followed their instructions to get some envelopes.  I emailed them, just got a lovely automated email with all the same recycling stuff from online!!! Then I tried chat.  Chat told me I had to request the envelopes when I ordered my ink.  She clearly did not know what she was talking about, just read the recycling stuff online and its clear she didn't know.  So, I still can't get envelopes.  Any suggestions, I hate to throw them out...maybe there's another solution. Thanks, if anyone can help.

83 Posts

December 12th, 2005 22:00

If you have a Staples store close to you , they will take them.

January 23rd, 2006 23:00

Yea same problem for me..a nice automated response. Took like 6 e-mails to get them to send them. I'll find out to 3-5 days if they actually come.

8 Posts

January 28th, 2006 09:00

Easy to recycle    almost all charity shops take them just pop them in an envelope mark them used cartridges and hand them over

8 Posts

January 28th, 2006 09:00

Easy to recycle    almost all charity shops take them just pop them in an envelope mark them used cartridges and hand them over

1 Message

January 5th, 2012 07:00

I have a couple dozen envelopes that I can't use. Reply to me if you'd like them.

1 Message

March 17th, 2012 15:00

Take a look at this site www.inkingaboutafrica.com you dont need special envelopes with them. With Inking About Africa you just put them in a old used envolope or box print the freepost label off from their site or even hand write it. Alot easier than trying to get bags sent to you and the charity is really good. Helping schools in The Gambia and they except a wider range than most other places and you can even send toners via the Freepost service.

1 Message

July 15th, 2012 07:00

Just checked with this site and they don't accept Dell or many other brands.  Mostly HP or Cannon to name a few.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 15th, 2012 12:00

inky21,

Try reading...

Dell Recycling

If you have a PetSmart store in your area, they also should have envelopes to recycle ink cartridges. It's helps the animals.

Ricm

No Events found!