Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2012 14:00

Trouble with v305

when i turn on my printer it says to "clrear the carrier jam" when i left my printer up i dont see anything and my cartridges are stuck all the way to the right. please help me cuz dell customer service said look and see whats stoppin the cartridges from moving....and obviously i dont see anything.

THANKS A MILLION,

CiCi

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 11th, 2012 18:00

CiCi,

Was there a luod bang?

If yes, try reading...

Cleaning the encoder strip (Loud bang from printer carriage)

See if the encoder strip came off. If yes, then the second thread tells you how to put it back on.

Rick

21 Posts

July 13th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community,

power off the printer and disconnect the power cable from the printer

then try to reach out to the carrier towards the right and  try to bring to the center

if you are unable to bring it to centre then you should refer techs from radio shacks

however if you can bring the carrier to the centre, remove both the cartridges and install the cartridges and close the lid on it and it should give a click sound

then move the carrier from left to right for 20 seconds without powering it up

then replug the power cable and then check the settings and the printer should not give paper jam error

if it persist then remove the papers and disconnec the power cable, wait for 5 seconds

reconnect the power cable, fann the papers and place it back in and then try to print and it should work.

Alok Kar

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

No Events found!