Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2013 11:00

UM078 Rev 01 Installation CD

How would I go about obtaining this Dell Installation CD?  Is it still available?

26 Posts

March 3rd, 2013 18:00

Hello Saharsh,

Thank you for your assistance, but per this link below, I need the original CD for the following reason:

en.community.dell.com/.../19050205.aspx

Per the above link, llynster states:

"the only way to get the Rev A01 CD is to have Dell Tech support send it to you. The ScanSoft PapePort software is licensed and proprietary. That's why Dell can't post it on their web-site."

I need the functionality provided by this proprietary software with my Dell 3115cn

How would I order that CD?

thank you,

Stephen

1.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2013 18:00

Hi sjtsnix,

Please visit the following link and select the operating system for which you need the drivers and install them: http://dell.to/T4a9ET 

The  applications and drivers for Dell 3115cn Color Laser Printer are available on the link for download.

Hope this helps.

1.5K Posts

March 4th, 2013 20:00

Hi Stephen,

This CD is shipped along the printer when it is purchased.

The software that you are looking for is a complementary software that is only shipped at the point of purchase of the printer. Unfortunately, the Scan Soft's PaperPort software is licensed and proprietary software and Dell will not be in a position to re-ship the CD.

However, you can search online and download the freeware/application that manages scanned documents.

26 Posts

March 4th, 2013 20:00

so, what if a user had a printer with the A00 version of this CD, and was unable to get this proprietary software working under Vista, and/or Windows 7 (as I have read is the case), and that user requested A01 of this CD to resolve that issue.... how would that user go about obtaining the upgraded A01 software.  This is my situation, and telling me that Dell is unable to send the A01 CD doesn't bode well in this scenario.  What phone number do I need to call to resolve this issue?  

thank you,

Stephen

1.5K Posts

March 4th, 2013 21:00

Hi Stephen,

I understand your concern that you are trying to use this printer with Windows Vista / 7. To assist you better, please provide me the system details.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!