Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2013 12:00

V105 not printing, only scanning with Win8.1

Viewing the posts on the forums I see I'm not the only one having Windows 8.1 troubles.

In my case it's the all-in-one printer V105.

The weird part is that scanning works flawless. When I try to print, I get the error that no connection to the printer could be made (which off course is odd, when scanning does work).

Also the cartridge status is a (?), while with a Windows 7 laptop, it shows actual ink levels.

I tried all the solutions, including running the driver with Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Still the same problems.

Any clues/new drivers etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Jacco

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2013 12:00

Jacco,

On the Windows 8 machine...

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart the computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

I would thenDownload the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode If using the printer wireless, choose additional computer, network and follow the instructions. IF usb connection, you'll get a message the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the drivers can be found at...

Dell V105 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 15th, 2013 02:00

Jacco,

Can you copy a document under the glass? Black and white and color?

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

Rick

3 Posts

November 15th, 2013 04:00

Hello Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

With the Windows 7 PC I can print in full color (the default Dell testpage).
It's only on the Windows 8.1 PC that the printing doesn't work.

Best Regards,

Jacco

3 Posts

December 6th, 2013 10:00

Thanks, the Vista compatibility actually fixed the problem!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2013 13:00

Jacco,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

3 Posts

July 12th, 2014 19:00

Ooops, I meant Rick.

3 Posts

July 12th, 2014 19:00

Created this account just to thank Jacco. Thanks so much, your instructions and the Vista compatibility mode worked.

To others who run into this problem, MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE  V105 VISTA DRIVER AND FIRMWARE. IT WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT THE FIRMWARE! THANKS JACCO. THIS PROBLEM ONLY OCCURRED AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 8.1 FROM WINDOWS 8, BUT YOUR PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS WORKED. Uninstall V105 from Devices and Printer, restart computer, go the V105 Download and Drivers page, download drivers AND firmware for Vista, open the containing folder for the Driver, right click and then click Properties, set it to Vista compatibility mode, then go back and Run as Administrator. Also open and run FIRMWARE. THEN IT WORKS.

Thanks a lot. I was going crazy thinking I would have to go to the library just to print :emotion-39:

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

July 14th, 2014 07:00

Hello CMTHOMAS,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the information provided and I am happy to hear Rick's recommendations worked for you.

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 14th, 2014 14:00

cmthomas,

Sorry for the delay, work.

Read THIS POST to install the printer.

Do you have the printer disk? The OCR Program is on the printer disk and is needed to scan to documents, pdf's etc...

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

3 Posts

July 14th, 2014 19:00

No problem, Joseph!

Thanks, Rick, but I've never used the scan feature. I just print and copy. But I'm sure others will appreciate your answer.

Thanks again.

No Events found!