Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2009 19:00

V305 printer and Netgear WGT624

I'm having difficulty setting up my wireless printer.  I've followed the steps and keep getting "connection failed".  I believe my router is set up correctly as I can connect to the network with my laptop wirelessly.  I tested the signal strength with my laptop 6 inches from the printer and the signal strength was good.

I saw the other forum post regarding this router and followed the steps but still no luck. 

• The firmware is up to date
  • WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security
  • Channel 6
  • Reinstalled the printer software

When I try to connect the printer to the network, it does find the SSID.  I enter the appropriate passphrase/security key and then the connection fails every time. 

Any ideas? 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 4th, 2009 19:00

aurora00,

Try using channel 11. Also use mixed mode.

And read this article, it has a trouble shooting page.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Go down. Click on your printer. Select XP or Vista, under your printer selection. You will be taken to a new page. Then scrool down and click on show all steps and follow the instructions. It will give you step by step instructions on what to do and what happens if you do not see the printer.

Rick

3 Posts

February 7th, 2009 16:00

Sorry Rick, no luck.  I changed the channel and mode.  The printer is 100% functional when it's hooked up to my computer via the USB cord. 

I'm stuck at the printer finding the network, entering the security key and then no matter what I do I get a connection failed message.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 7th, 2009 16:00

aurora00,

You followed the instructions provided here, correct? Make sure you're using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, like I said, I use channel 11. You don't have Mac address Filtering turned on, do you? If so, then this could also be the cause.

Go down. Click on your printer. Select XP or Vista, under your printer selection. You will be taken to a new page. Then scrool down and click on show all steps and follow the instructions. It will give you step by step instructions on what to do and what happens if you do not see the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2009 08:00

aurora,

Did you follow these setup instructions? The printer must be setup first. WPA-PSK(TKIP)(WPA-Personal), correct?

Rick

3 Posts

February 8th, 2009 08:00

Mac address filtering is off and I have the router set up to to specifications listed in your link. 

No Events found!