Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

October 16th, 2008 00:00

V305 scanner can't downlaod appliaction list

I am trying to scan something so that I can e-mail it to my parents from school. The printer ends up saying that it, "cannot retrive application list". Please help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 16th, 2008 03:00

This is a Dell V305 and how is the printer connected to the computer and operating system.

1 Message

October 23rd, 2008 18:00

This is what worked for me when printing wireless.

Open the Dell Imaging Toolbox.

Open Settings (in the upper right hand corner)

Open Toolbox settings

Choose Network settings

Take your mouse to the word change and click

A "Connected to Network All-In-One" window appears. Choose "I wish to require a PIN..." and set it up.

When scanning, go to printer selecting the scan options, you will now need to enter the PIN using the arrow and check keys. Also, then I open my Dell Imaging Toolbox and select scan.

Hope it works for you.

1 Message

October 13th, 2011 19:00

how do i get my sanner to work it will say that it cannot retriveapplication list

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 14th, 2011 03:00

skellum79,

Make and model of your computer and operating system is helpful. 32-bit or 64-bit?

How is the V305 Printer connected to the computer?

Rick

3 Posts

December 13th, 2011 19:00

I have the same problem, here is my computer info

HP g62t
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I can print wirelessly....although I continually have problems with this printer and cartridges, but when I go to scan I plug it in to the laptop.  I think i have been able to scan in items before it's just not letting me know.  I tried scanning to network and to computer and each time it could not retrieve applications list. 

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 14th, 2011 01:00

ksujes32,

Is the program that is associated with the printer, Dell All-In-One Center, Dell Imaging Toolbox or Dell Printer Home?

Rick

3 Posts

December 14th, 2011 12:00

Dell Imaging Toolbox

3 Posts

December 14th, 2011 12:00

I tried scanning through the toolbox and got the message...scan not successful, with solutions to make sure printer is on, disconnect power supply and reconnect to printer, restart computer, etc...tried them and still nothing.  Also every time i turn on the printer it gives me alignment problems message...I've tried working through it on the phone with dell numerous times and no luck.  wasted lots of ink aligning every time.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 14th, 2011 14:00

ksujes32,

Dell Imaging Toolbox gerentes the application list.

Do you have an OCR Program installed.

Start, all programs, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint

Rick

1 Message

January 29th, 2013 15:00

I am trying to scan something so that I can e-mail it to my parents from school. The printer ends up saying that it, "cannot retrive application list". Please help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 30th, 2013 09:00

Pastord46,

Check your virus program and firewall?

Try these tweaks and restart your computer.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!