Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2010 09:00

V305W Losing Wireless Link

I just bought (a couple months ago) a Dell Laptop/Printer package.  The printer is a V305W, the laptop is a Studio 1555.  I'm running Windows 7.

I have the habit of leaving the laptop on, but the cover closed (which would put it in sleep mode).  Every once in a while, when trying to print, the printer appears to not be connected.  Restarting the laptop reconnects and everything is fine, until the next time it happens.  It's highly annoying, especially after doing a couple hours of research on the web and deciding to print the results only to find that I have to reboot and restart the research.

Has anyone else had this problem and have you a solution?

TIA

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 9th, 2010 12:00

Clif001,

Try using these little tweaks on the laptop and see how it helps.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

2 Posts

July 10th, 2010 06:00

Thanks for the reply.

Will doing any/all of these create a security risk for the wireless network or any of its components?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 12th, 2010 17:00

Clif001,

It should help you stay connected to your network, no security issues. I recommend using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, if you want a secure network. 

Rick

No Events found!