Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2011 16:00

V313 Printer

I have a Dell V313 printer/scanner that I'm using with Windows 7.  I did an update on the Adobe Reader back in January and haven't been able to scan and save a document in PDF ever since.  An error message comes up saying "dlealscn.exe has stopped working".  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my printer, uninstalling the Adobe 10 Reader and re-installing it, and I just got done uninstalling the Reader 10 and installed the Reader 9.4 thinking maybe it just needed the older version.  It worked for 3 scans and then a message popped up saying the scan was not successful.  I can scan and save a picture or a word document for editing though. I have had my computer and printer for exactly 1 year and never had any problems until I did that update.   Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 30th, 2011 16:00

homegirl1,

Is the printer attached with a usb cable or wireless adapter?

Make and model of your computer and operating system helpful. 32-bit or 64-bit?

Rick

3 Posts

April 1st, 2011 06:00

It is connected with a usb cable.  The computer is Inspiron 546 Minitower, AMD Anthlon II ,  Windows 7, 64-bit

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 1st, 2011 09:00

homegirl1,

Did you upgrade this computer to Windows 7 64-bit or did it come with Windows 7 installed?

Can you print with no problems?

Did you try to Update list of applications to send scans to

Make sure Adobe Reader (AcroRd32.exe) is on the scan to list.

Rick

3 Posts

The computer came with Windows 7 64 bit installed.  I can print with no problems.  I have NOT tried to update list of applications to send scans to.  I don't really know how to do that.  If I can figure it out, I'll make sure that Adobe Reader (AcroRd32.exe) is on the scan to list. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

homegirl1,

Also try this tweak to keep the printer communicating...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

Rick

No Events found!