Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2013 07:00

V313 inkjet printer will not print any color

I have cleaned, aligned, cleaned printhead, installed new ink cartridges(which are from Dell), uninstalled and reinstalled software....nothing has worked.  Before I have to go out and buy a new printer....I would like to see if I can fix this one.  Anyone have anymore suggestions please?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 31st, 2013 12:00

Teresa,

Sorry to hear about your luck with Dell inkjet printers. Lexmark made this printer for Dell. Since Lexmark got out of the printer business, finding drivers and solutions to these printers is slowly fading. When shopping for a new printer, make sure it has all the features you're looking for.

I scan, copy and print often. I don't have a phone line to fax, so that's not a big issue. I have a Dell V715w Printer, similar to your printer. I have replaced the printhead once and it has been working flawlessly, until the children run the ink cartridges dry. If you print a lot, you may want to consider a Laser printer.

Rick

4 Posts

November 1st, 2013 06:00

Thanks for the info, Rick!

It has helped. I might go ahead and get the printhead and see what happens.  Other than that the printer works fine. 

Teresa

4 Posts

October 31st, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the quick response, Rick!

I have tried everything except a new printhead....nothing else has worked and I am not sure I want to go that route and have the thing still not work right.  So I think I am just going to start shopping for a new printer.  I love Dell computers...but have not had the best luck with Dell printers.  So I guess I will have to do some research and come up with a different brand of printer.

Teresa

4 Posts

November 1st, 2013 06:00

Thanks again for the info, Rick!

I might just go ahead and try a new printhead and see how it goes. Other than having no color ink, the printer works great!

Teresa

No Events found!