Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2009 14:00

V505 and Word 2007

New computer and printer. I'm trying to print a document on 2007.

Quick print worked when it was only one page. Would not work when I had two pages typed.

After doing the troubleshoot involving a test page - printed fine once. Tried it a second time. It printed as I was "restarting" the computer. It waited until it was just turning off - and yes, I gave it in excess of 2 min to print.

The discovered the actual "print menu" and tried that. It printed when I specified page 1. Would not print anymore after that - with either "all", "1", or "2" specified.

I did the online troubleshoot involving unplugging, checking the ms-whatever from the start menu. (By the way, the instructions are not accurate for Win7.)

Hope someone can help.

Judy

Thanks Rick.

I've done the Delete Print Jobs and restarted. Have also made sure the correct printer is selected.

It does print sometimes. I can open the "what's printing" pop up and see the print order there. Sometimes it just disappears on its own. Like it times out.

Found the computer (7 does not call it MY), got properties, got hardware - there is no device manager to left click. Only "Dell USB Mass Storage USB Device     Disk drives" - so I'm lost after that.

Thanks for helping. Don't stop yet!

Judy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Judy,

If the instructions are not correct for installing the printer in Windows 7, then please help everyone with the correct instructions by posting them at...

V505 & V505w All-In-One (PRODUCT) RED™ Printer owners thread

You can first try Delete Print Jobs, then restart your computer. Make sure when you go to print from Word, to click file, print and make sure the correct printer is selected.

You can also keep the USB Ports active...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

Rick

December 28th, 2009 15:00

Oh my. Is the USB Receiver the same thing as Universial Serial Bus Controllers?

The printer was installed for the computer (bought them together).

Where do I find the All-i-o or Imaging Toolbox?

Sorry to be such a dunce.

Judy

I kept clicking on things and found the area you are talking about. I found it in Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and Printers -  Hardware tab. There are USB Root Hubs listed.

When I double click I find a Power tab, however it has no box to check. Says it is self-powered.

I'm a little scared to click much more.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Judy,

Sorry, I forgot. Maybe I should rewrite those instructions.

Start, control panel, device manager. Under Universial Serial Bus Controllers.

Go to each USB Root Hub and you can double click on it, then power management. Uncheck the box, allow Windows to turn off this device to save power. You have to do this for all the USB Root Hubs.

Is the printer installed correctly? Do you have the Dell All-In-One Center? (Or doe this printer have the Dell Imaging Toolbox?)

Rick

Got it!

Had to install the CD. That gave me the Toolbox also. Don't know why the printer would work sometimes! Sure is fast now.

Thanks for encouraging me to try new things.

Judy

Rick -

Well I found the Dell Imaging Toolbox on the CD provided, but cannot find it when I insert the CD! It wants to install - and don't I already have it installed?

(Do you ever wonder what planet some of us come from?)

Still haven't figured out the USB Hub question.

Judy

December 28th, 2009 16:00

It appears to be fine. I have checked with a multi page Word document.

I now have the Toolbox. Very nice.

I may just be lucky, but all I did was put the CD in the drive and follow instructions. Did not uninstall. Did not use compatibility mode. If there is a future problem I'll do the right thing and follow the instructions here.

It does leave me wondering why it worked at all before?

Thanks again for your help. Best to you and have a happy new year.

Judy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Judy,

I just switched to the Windows 7 machine.

Start control panel, view by small icons, Device manager. Click on the + sign. Double click on each USB Root Hub, then power management. Uncheck the box, allow Windows to turn off this device to save power.

As for the Dell Imaging Toolbox, I would think the drivers package would have this included, which leads me to believe it may not be installed correctly.

Try reinstalling the printer using the instructions located at...

V505 & V505w All-In-One (PRODUCT) RED™ Printer owners thread

and see if you get everything. Remember to install the printer using the compatibility mode.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Judy,

So you got everything working with Windows 7, correct?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Judy,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!