Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2014 12:00

V515W All-in-one inject printer

Hello: 

Recently, sometimes when I click for something to be printed, the printer will make the sounds like it's going to print and then . . .  nothing.  The printer icon goes away from my task bar.  I look in "Printers" and see the document sitting in the queue to print, but nothing happens.  I click to restart and nothing.  I click to delete/cancel and nothing.  Finally, I'll have to restart my computer and THEN the document will print.  This is extremely annoying and time-consuming and it's not the correct way to print a document.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? 

Thank you very much!

Kneadtoknow

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 14:00

Uninstalling IE 11 worked for me.  Thanks

Norsehawk

20.5K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 14:00

Hi Kneadtoknow,

Have you tried deleting the print jobs, updating drivers, uninstalling-reinstalling the printer?

** Are you by any chance running Windows 7 SP1 and IE 11?  If so, there appears to be some type of issue with that configuration and some Dell printers. Reverting to IE 10 will correct the issue.

28 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 15:00

Uninstalling IE 11 worked for me.  Thanks

Norsehawk

Thanks, Norsehawk, for your quick reply!  I will definitely uninstall IE 11 and go back to 10.

28 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 15:00

Hello Bugbatter:  Thank you for your response!  Yes!  I am running Windows 7 SP1 and IE 11!  I noticed that I'm also having some issues with one of my online banking sites who are having issues with IE 11.  I am having issues with IE 11 errors and "not working" or responding.  I will go back to IE 10!  Thank you very much!

20.5K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 16:00

Kneadtoknow and Norsehawl,  you are welcome. If my suggestion solved your problem please click the green YES button. Thanks!

May 29th, 2014 22:00

Hello Bugbatter, I am experiencing the exact same problem with my V714w. Can you please tell me if I might face any problems by uninstalling IE 11 and going back to IE 10. I am not very technical so this is why I ask. Thansk

20.5K Posts

May 30th, 2014 04:00

Hi travelbugmelbourne,

You did not mention your operating system. I use my printer with Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1.

On Windows 7 SP1 computers, returning to IE 10 has resolved the printer problem with no new issues, except that scanning needs to be done from the Desktop using the Dell Printer Home (rather than using the physical Scan button on the printer). If you normally scan from the Desktop of your computer, that won't be an inconvenience.

I installed the printer on three Windows 8/8.1 computers that are using IE 11. They are working normally, so there was no need to change anything.

Thus, the printer problem that people are having seems to be related to Windows 7  and IE 11.

No Events found!