Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2014 18:00

V515w Printing / Communication Problems

Hey everyone, I have had a Dell V515w printer since 2011. It has always seemed to communicate and print perfectly from my desktop computer (Inspiron 580). However, for the past several months it has been having some issues. I don't remember when it began, but what happens is: -I will print a few documents (usually they have to be back to back now to actually print) -Then at some point, the printer and computer stop communicating -After this, in order to get a document, I will sometimes have to restart or shut down the computer -Depending on the time frame, the printer will eventually spit out the document at some point, or I will have to turn the computer back on for it to print it Any ideas on how to fix this? Oh, and I am connected through USB and network...I have tried printing through both and have had issues with each. Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 4th, 2014 02:00

Kimariyan,

In the recent batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

7 Posts

February 8th, 2014 19:00

Hi Rick, I actually don't print from the Internet at all...it's weird that I just realized that. Anyway, the problems are through the actual installed programs like Excel and Word, which I use all the time. Any suggestions there?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2014 06:00

Kimariyan,

It doesn't matter if you use Internet Explorer 11 or not. Just having it on your system is causing the printing problems.

You can try what is posted in THIS THREAD and see if it solves your printing problems.

Rick

1 Message

June 14th, 2014 09:00

Thank you thank you thank you Rick! You are definitely a Dell Rockstar! The only thing that I would add to help others find the Internet Explorer Updates is to unhide all updates. Windows hides Internet Explorer so you can't delete it easily. Once you reveal all the folder updates you can uninstall. I was having the same problem as Kimariyan for months! Uninstalling internet explorer 11 fixed the problem instantly. :) thanks again! Eva
No Events found!