Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2012 17:00

V525 Wireless Setup

Hi Rick,

I am facing this same problem as Simon too.

My printer wifi light is not on. No green light, no blinking light.

I am using a voip modern which also serves as a wireless router.

any suggestions?

Thanks.

Regards

Tim

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 12th, 2012 19:00

Tim,

Try reading...

How to login to your wireless router and use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Once you have the oruter setup, then...

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features(add/remove programs), Dell V525w Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, insert the printer disk, choose new installation, then choose network. It will prompt you to connect the printer. It will ask for you network SSID and the password, then fllow the instructions.

For each additional computer, choose additional computer, choose network and find the printer.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 22:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the recommendation. Somehow, I managed to linked up connect my printer wirelessly.

This is what I did.

I chose "Remove Device" under the printer and devices folder and remove all the Dell printer.

I then reinstalled the printer with the cable connected.

At the setup programme, there was this step that required you to select wireless connection. I selected that and the screen came on to ask the status of the wireless of the printer. Two options were given, "green" or "blinking". I selected "blinking" even though my wireless indicator is off. (I remembered when I installed the drivers for my v515, there was a choice to select that the wireless was not on. Since there wasn't any choice to select indicator as off, I decided to just click "blinking")

Almost immediately, the wireless indicator turned green.

After that, I followed the rest of the steps in the set up and my printer can now printer wirelessly.

Thanks!

Regards

Tim

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 23rd, 2012 10:00

Tim,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thnaks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!