Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 4th, 2018 10:00

V525W printing blank pages

My printer just started printing blank pages.  I have deep cleaned the cartridges and reinstalled the software.  Some where I read about Manufactures Print Test setting -- where is that and how do I adjust it?  

thanks in advance!

signed,

troubled down south

• 

17K Posts

February 5th, 2018 05:00

ConboyDell,

Printer is printing blank pages Blank pages may be caused by improperly installed ink cartridges.
REINSTALL THE INK CARTRIDGES AND DEEP CLEAN AND ALIGN THE PRINTHEAD 1 Reinstall the ink cartridges, see “Replacing ink cartridges” on page 15 for more information. If the cartridges do not seem to fit, then make sure the printhead is properly seated, and then try installing the cartridges again. 2 Load plain, unmarked paper. 3 From the printer control panel, navigate to: > Setup > > Maintenance >
4 Press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Deep Clean Printhead, and then press
A cleaning page prints.
 5 Load plain, unmarked paper.
 6 From the Maintenance menu screen, press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Align Printer, and . then press . An alignment page prints.
 Note: Do not remove the alignment page until printing is finished.

To print a test page you will open the printers settings, right click on your printer and choose manage. You should see where to print a test page. You can click below to download the online manual for your printer.

Dell v525w Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

February 5th, 2018 18:00

Never mind, after deep cleaning the printer cartridges twice, they have run out of ink. 

February 5th, 2018 18:00

Is the "printer control panel" the one on the face of the printer that is referred to in the manual?  Or is a windows software function accessible through the keyboard/monitor route?

I can find the "setup" function in neither place.  I am not so sophisticated, and the first step is as usual the most difficult.  Can you direct me to that function, good Moderator?

ConboyDell

No Events found!