SteveE.
2 Bronze

RE: V715W Printer printing problems

Jump to solution

The following is based on my experience while I had the same problem (and before I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11):

Reboot your computer.

During shutdown, the print job may cancel, spitting out a partially printed page or pages.

After, or during, restart the printer should complete all the print jobs.

After print jobs are done, you can uninstall Internet Explorer 11

(there are also ways to cancel print jobs, but I don't have the instructions at my fingertips right now)

0 Kudos
susieq29
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Go to http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7

Uninstall IE 11. It should fix the problem.

If you have jobs stuck in que. Go to ms services. go to print spooler stop and restart. That will clear it up. Or just delete IE11 and restart computer that might clear it up.

0 Kudos
susieq29
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Everything was already unchecked.

0 Kudos
Aussie110
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

JOHNTEMP AND ALL OTHERS WHO CONTRIBUTED.

Many thanks to you all, I followed John's instructions above and now I'm pleased to say everything is working again....no problems printing at all!! As I don't use Internet Explorer it was no issue for me to un-install it and turn it off!!

Best Regards from Australia!

0 Kudos
kwise150
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and was told to uninstall IE11, which I did and voila Problem Solved.  You have to reboot after the uninstall but that should solve the problem

0 Kudos
G-Mac65
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Absolutely positively unbelievable!   I've been dealing with this since November, i.e., since the automatic IE-11 update!  Simple fix - brilliantly simple.  Truly was about to buy a new printer tomorrow.  Many thanks!  Converting collective user frustration to dollars would be a nice class action. 

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

G-Mac65,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Internet Explorer 11 causing printing problems, unreal.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
jxsbraves2041
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I too was having the "print once and hang issue" with my Dell V515W printer. This would happen from 3 different machines on my homegroup network.

All are Dell machines running Win7 64 bit. All I can say is "what the heck?!"

Machine 1 – Desktop, used exclusively at home, IE11, Windows Firewall-on, AVG2013

Machine 2 – Laptop, used exclusively at home, IE9, Windows Firewall-on, AVG2013

Machine 3 – Laptop, used at work and home, IE11, Windows Firewall-on, AVG2013

Machine 1 was corrected when I: went to Windows Firewall settings > Allow programs through the firewall… There I set "File and Printer Sharing" to include Homegroup and Public, and set "V310-V510 Series" to include Homegroup and Public. I also disabled several programs related to an old Lexmark printer we had shared on the network. I did not have to downgrade from IE11?

Machine 2 was corrected when I repeated what I did on machine 1.

Machine 3? The changes above did not help this machine. There we some other HP printer/scanner applications on the Firewall list that I could not disallow because I need them at work so I don't know if that would have helped or not. ALSO, when this machine printed once and hung then that apparently impacted the other 2 machines that had been working correctly!? So, I tried using the AVG Firewall instead of Windows Firewall and whitelisted the IP of the printer. Nope. I gave in, and tried the downgrade from IE11 to IE10 and bingo! Now all 3 can print multiple times! WTH!

Downgrading from IE11 to IE10 seems to be the easiest fix but apparently that isn’t the whole story? Good luck people! 

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

jxsbraves2041,

Internet Explorer 11 is the cause of most the the recent printing problems.

AVG has been a problem for a long time, with printing problems. I have these instructions, Allow Wireless Printer Blocked by AVG 8.0 Firewall

If the instructions fail, I get the person to remove AVG using the AVG Removal Tool then restart their computer and in many cases, the printer can communicate. So you have a combination of issues that were compounded.

Other members that don't have AVG, once Internet Explorer 11 is removed, printing is back to normal.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
sueinthewind
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
I am having the EXACT same problem and I have to keep rebooting my machine and turning my printer off and on. It's very frustrating.

sueinthewind

~ Don't Look Back ~

0 Kudos