Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2013 01:00

V725W unable to setup wireless

I am trying to set up the wireless network on the V725W with a Dell XPS27 computer (Windows 8.1).

However when I use the Wireless Setup Utility and connect the USB cable when asked, the Continue button doesn't get enabled.

The USB port however works fine as it actually instead of enabling the Continue button, it installs the printer. I am able to make test prints after the printer is installed (using the USB cable).

How do I setup the Wireless network?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 9th, 2013 11:00

mariovw,

Was the printer setup on your network before? If yes, does this printer have a WiFi Light? If yes, what color id the WiFi light?

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

Rick

1 Message

March 2nd, 2014 15:00

Rick - I am having the same issue with my 725w.  I cannot get the wireless light to come on and when going through the set-up to check signal strength, it says unacceptable.  Assume this is because wireless is not turned on or enabled.  I can print via usb cable.  How do I get the wireless function turned on?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2014 16:00

J Lil,

Make and model of your computer and operating system. 32-bit or 64-bit? Operating system in English or another language?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

You're trying to setup the printer for wireless, correct?

I was looking at the Dell V725w Printer Manual and on page 100 it shows the way to tell if the printer is connected or not.

Troubleshooting Setup for the Dell 525w and 725w AIO Inkjet Printers

Troubleshooting Network Problems on the Dell V525w and V725w AIO Inkjet Printers

Rick

No Events found!