Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2008 11:00

Vertical line (blocks) problem - Dell 3000cn

Hello,

I've had this problem for a while now and was hoping someone would have an idea on how to fix it. My Dell 3000cn prints a vertical line down the center of every page 1-2 times out of every 15 pages or so. Here is a link to what it looks like:

Click here for image

I've replaced the drum, fuser, checked the head cleaner, to no avail. Technician suggests replacing the bios roller but I don't want to keep throwing money into this printer without knowing if it will be fixed.

Any ideas?

19 Posts

December 19th, 2008 13:00

Update: Well the Dell tech I spoke with was going to send me an email with a part number, price, etc on the bios transfer roller but he never did. Anyone know where I could track one of these down?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 19th, 2008 14:00

DBeau,

Please excuse me for not following up on this earlier. Seems there was a post on the old Dell Community Forum on this.

Please read this and then try clicking on Dell-Bill B's name and send him a private message explaining the situation.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2008 09:00

DBeau,

Please be patient. It being a holiday, you may not hear from Bill until the new year. Sometimes he gets many emails, but he's usually great at getting back to everyone. If you don't hear anything from Bill say by January 5th, then you may want to send him another private message.

Have a safe and Happy Holiday,

Rick

19 Posts

December 23rd, 2008 09:00

Thanks for the response Rick!

I did see that post however I had not PMed Bill B. I have now as you've suggested, hoping to hear back from him.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 12th, 2009 14:00

Hi, DBeau.

Got your PM. Will reply there as well.

How long ago did you  have the drum replaced? Any chance you could post back the PPID from the drum (starts with CN)?

19 Posts

January 14th, 2009 10:00

The drum was replaced after we first noticed the issue. The replacement drum did the exact same thing. The PPID for the replacement drum is: CN-0P4866-71971-836-4347

No Events found!