Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2012 10:00

Why does my Dell V520 printer go offline?

I just bought a dell V520 wireless printer to use with my dell inspiron 15R laptop. I use a netgear wireless router and have had problems with the printer going offline and giving me communication failures ever since I bought it. My internet does not go offline just the printer. I have to restart either my computer or printer to get it to work and sometimes  have to uninstall then reinstall the printer before it will print. This is very annoying!   This happens even if I connect it into the usb port. How do I turn the printer back online when it goes offline without restarting it or my laptop? When im needing to print something I need to print it then, not take minutes or sometimes hours waiting for my printer to come back online. Calling tech support is a pain because they keep you on the phone for hours. I called once and all they did was take an hour to uninstall and reinstall my printer. I  have windows 7 on my laptop.  

1 Message

July 1st, 2013 21:00

I have followed the steps that were posted up to this forum, and still getting the same problem as everyone one here. The static ip address was set already on the network. Is this problem going to be fixed by dell?? my printer is the v520 all-in-one.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 09:00

danny-jones,

I posted this information on June 10, 2013 for you.

If you know the current IP address of your printer, enter this in the address bar. You should see...

Click on configuration, you'll see...

Click on TCP/IP and then click on set static IP address and you'll see...

Enter the static IP address you want and then submit.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

danny-jones,

I just created a new Wiki at Setting static IP Address for the Dell V715w Printer

The settings should be similar. If you cannot get the IP Address from  the information provided, then look at your wireless router and there should be a list of devices and their IP Address(es)

Rick

I had the same problem. Look for the full printer manual. Find the section on static IP. The quick guide does not give you all the steps for a wireless connection. You will have go into the printer Advanced Settings where you can provide router information  and network  information. You can do a google search for static IP address for printers. HP and Samsung have videos that demonstrate how to assign a static IP to a printer. I was unable to find a Dell video. 

2 Posts

September 24th, 2013 11:00

Same problem but a noob to these things,

i installed the printer according to the guide, printing from iphone works, the windows pc tells me the printer is offline.

Please help.

Kind regards

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 24th, 2013 11:00

nzorzetto,

Run Delete Print Jobs then restart your computer.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

2 Posts

September 24th, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the quick reply,

i forgot to mention that i am planning to use this printer trough wifi, not usb.

Thanks in advance

September 24th, 2013 14:00

I had the same problem. Look for the full printer manual. Find the section on static IP. The quick guide does not give you all the steps for a wireless connection. You will have go into the printer Advanced Settings where you can provide router information  and network  information. You can do a google search for static IP address for printers. HP and Samsung have videos that demonstrate how to assign a static IP to a printer. I was unable to find a Dell video. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 24th, 2013 17:00

danny-jones,

Here are instructions for a different model, with pictures

Setting static IP Address for the Dell V715w Printer

Rick

October 4th, 2013 06:00

Oh, still not working properly: if I try to scan from V520 it says no connection to the computer. It scans from my laptop though. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

October 4th, 2013 06:00

Hello,

Can someone help me? The printer showed the stable green light wifi sign all the time. I tried your suggestions, didn't work. Tried intalling again as stated above. It's working again, but what I don't understand is why the installation created 3 printers: Dell V520 printer 1 and printer 2 and version ET002000C2A64E. Only this last printer prints on wireless internet (took me a while to notice this printer ;/). I followed the standard installation and not the advanced settings as stated below.

Thanks in advance for helping me understanding this digital Dell landscape.

Maud

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 4th, 2013 13:00

Hi Maud,

Have you tried following my steps suggested in the beginning of this post, please try them.

Uninstalling and re-Installing the drivers in the prescribed manner and starting the services necessary for the scanning application could resolve the problem.

Follow the below steps to reinstall the printer drivers in prescribed manner.

Please disconnect the USB cable that runs from the printer to the computer and uninstall the printer driver by using uninstaller software. Here is a link to download one.

http://bit.ly/VZKmEa

Install the software and uninstall the printer driver using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software. It is third party uninstaller software used to uninstall the drivers/programs from the computer.

The software prompts asking you to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the printer driver. Select all and delete them. Restart the computer to remove any traces of the printer software.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.

2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

Insert the printer driver’s cd for V525W and install the drivers in the computer.

If you do not have a cd use the following steps to download the printer drivers.

Download the printer driver from the link: http://dell.to/1bx59bo

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers.

Copy the above mentioned link, paste it in the address bar of the new internet explorer window.

1. Select the operating system of your computer from the list.
  2. Save the file to the desktop.
  3. Double-Click on the downloaded file.
  4. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  6. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.
  7. Try to print.

Follow the below steps to connect the printer wireless to the computer. Ensure the USB cable is attached to both the printer and the computer:

1. Go to Dell Printer Home > Settings tab > Click Wireless setup utility.
  2. The printer looks for nearby wireless networks and displays them.
  3. The Wireless Network Name Appears in the List > click on your network and click on continue >Enter the network key.
  4. The Allow Dell Software window may appear.
  5. When instructed remove the USB cable from the computer and printer.
  6. Printer is setup on network now.

Please try the above steps and reply.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 5th, 2013 13:00

13cyberrose,

Please continue with DELL-Nikhil D

In addition to what DELL-Nikhil D stated, try these tweaks and restart the computer.

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

October 5th, 2013 16:00

There are some steps in this forum that you can use rather than using the full manual.

October 8th, 2013 12:00

Hello Nicky,

I tried to deinstall the driver with the stated link, but I don't get the option delete Registry key. I only get the option which part of the Dell printer software I want to delete. I checked all the boxes.

If I look at the hardware printer 1 and 2 are gone but the newly installed printer ET002000C2A64E is still there. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Maud

No Events found!