Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2013 14:00

Wireless Printer has no wireless light on

I have a V515w printer that I got probably over a year ago.  After struggling for days to get the wireless to work on it, I finally gave up and just connected it with a usb cable.  Well now I'm trying again.  When the printer is on, whether powering up, powering down, connected to a computer with a usb, or having no usb cable connected, the wireless "Wi-Fi Printing" light is not on...at all...ever.  When I try to use the software to install it or try again, the software asks me what color the light is, I say it is off, so it assumes I don't want to connect it wirelessly.

The only time I can get the wireless light to come on is if I put the printer in Demo Mode - ON using the printer setup display, but it doesn't let me connect then either.

Any help would be appreciated...I'm really very annoyed by the whole thing.  And I'm guessing, since my warranty is probably expired by now, that this is something that cannot be fixed...even though it was like this from day one.

Other info: I have a laptop and a desktop computer, both Dells, both running Windows XP.  My wireless router is on channel 11.  I've tried getting the wireless to work by connecting to both computers, but to no avail.

Appreciate any help you can give.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2013 17:00

Coach E,

Here is the isntructions for the V715wWireless Printer, tyhe settings may be similar to tuen the adapter on/off

Turning the wireless adapter on/off in the Dell V715w Printer

If the adapterturns on, afte 1 minute, whatcolor is the WiFi light?

Rick

No Events found!