Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 04:00

Wireless printing on the 2150 cn

I bought a 2150 cn last week and sent for the wireless adaptor separately. As far as I can tell I followed the installation Wizard faithfully but cannot get the printer to print without a USB cable. One further point - the adaptor is not fimly fixed; it was inserted in the correct holes (I hope!) but it feels a bit loose. I cannot, however, remove it. Does the problem lie there, perhaps?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 26th, 2013 08:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

Please refer the topic “Installing the Optional Wireless Adapter” and “Removing the Optional Wireless Adapter” from this link: http://bit.ly/YCjJlj

After the Wireless Adapter is installed, please print the “Printer Settings Report” to check if the Wireless Adapter is installed correctly. Refer the topic “Printing Printer Settings Report” from abvoe link.

Please let us know the results.

June 27th, 2013 05:00

Hi, and thanks for your suggestion.

Well I now know how to remove the wireless adaptor anyway! I did so and then reinserted it (it still seems fairly loose) it. I then followed the instructions for installation using the Wizard. Once the printer had restarted I printed off the settings which include the section on 'Network (wireless), I removed the USB cable and tried printing a sheet - nothing. Printer status shows as 'Printer is turned off or the cable is not connected'.

Could it be a faulty wireless adaptor? Any other ideas?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 28th, 2013 04:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

“Printer Settings Report” cannot be printed when the USB cable is unplugged from the printer.

After the wireless adapter is connected to the printer, switch on the printer, ensure the USB cable is connected to the printer and the computer, and print the Printer settings report to confirm that the wireless adapter is installed correctly.

If Printer settings report does not show Network (wireless) configured or installed, the problem is with the Wireless adapter/or the Wireless adapter slot on the printer.

Please check and post the results.

June 28th, 2013 09:00

As I said, I have already printed this out before removing the USB cable. The Network (Wireless( section is there, bottom left. I notice it says 'Getting IP address' could it be that it never did? If so there may be an IP address conflict. How could I discover the printer's IP address to install manually?

953 Posts

July 1st, 2013 09:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

Follow the steps below to update the IP Address manually:

1. Insert the Drivers and Utilities CD provided with the printer in your computer. The Easy Setup Navigator file launches automatically.

2. Click “Guided Setup”.

3. Click “Connect Your Printer”.

4. Select “Wireless Connection”, and then click “Next”. The “Wireless Connection” window appears.

For Network, follow the on-screen instructions to configure wireless settings:

1. Select Network Cable, and then click the Next button.

The instruction video starts.

Follow the on-screen instructions to configure wireless settings, and then click the Next button.

The “Advanced Configuration Tool” starts.

2. Select the printer, and then click the “Next” button.

“Wireless Network Settings” screen appears.

3. Set the wireless network settings, and then click the “Next” button.

“IP Address Settings” screen appears.

4. Set the IP address of the printer, and then click the “Next” button.

“Confirm the settings” screen appears.

5. Confirm the settings, and then click the “Apply” button.

“Complete configuration” screen appears.

6. Click the “Next” button.

Hope this helps.

July 1st, 2013 11:00

How do I find the IP address of the printer?

953 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

Click here and check this article on “How do I find IP address of a network printer”. Please reply if this helps.

July 4th, 2013 04:00

As the printer is not yet on the network (see my original question) this doesn't help

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 8th, 2013 06:00

Hi Kimhollingshead,

Yes, the printer should be connected to the network to get an IP address for the printer.

Please refer the topic “Setting the IP Address” from this link: http://bit.ly/YCjJlj

If the printer settings report does not show the network section, please reseat network cable at the computers end and also from the modem/routers end and then try to print the printer settings repot again.

Please post the results.

July 12th, 2013 02:00

You can select the IP mode from Dual Stack, IPv4, and IPv6. If your network

supports both IPv4 and IPv6, select Dual Stack.

Select the IP mode of your environment, and then set IP address, subnet mask

(for IPv4 only), and gateway address.

This is what the link you gave me says. Where it says 'Set IP address' how do I know what the IP address is?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 14th, 2013 10:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

Please follow the below mentioned steps by using the Operator panel of the printer to get the IP Address:

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Press the (Menu) button.

3. Press down button until Admin Menu appears, and then press the (Set) button.

4. Press down button until Network appears, and then press the (Set) button.

5. Press down button until TCP/IP appears, and then press the (Set) button.

6. Press down button until IPv4 appears, and then press the (Set) button.

7. Ensure that Get IP Address is displayed, and then press the (Set) Button.

8. Press down button until Panel appears, and then press the (Set) button.

9. Press left and down buttons until IP Address appears, and then press the (Set) button.

The cursor is located at the first octet of the IP address.

10. Use up and down buttons to enter the first octet of the IP address, and then press right button.

The cursor moves to the next digit.

NOTE: You can only enter one octet at a time and must press right button after entering each octet.

11. Enter the rest of the octets, and then press the (Set) button.

12. Press left and down buttons until Subnet Mask appears, and then press the (Set) button.

13. Repeat steps 10 and 11 to set Subnet Mask, and then press the (Set) button.

14. Press left and down buttons until Gateway Address appears, and then press the (Set) button.

15. Repeat steps 10 and 11 to set the Gateway Address, and then press the (Set) button.

16. Turn off the printer, and then turn it on again.

Please check and reply.

July 16th, 2013 11:00

You have now told HOW to enter the numbers. My question is and always was 'How do I know what the numbers should be?'  (IP and gateway). I could enter numbers at random (!) but I still don't know how to discover what the real numbers are that I should enter!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 17th, 2013 08:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

An IP address is a unique number that consists of four sections that are delimited by a period and can include up to three digits in each section, for example, 111.222.33.44.

To assign IP address to the printer, wireless adapter should be installed to the printer, the printer should be connected with a USB cable to the computer and the computer should be connected to the Router.

If you finding difficult to find the IP address of the printer, print the “Printer Settings report”, the IP address is listed under Network (Wireless).

Look at this example:

You need to know the settings for the wireless network to set up the wireless printer. For details of the wireless network settings, contact your network administrator.

July 17th, 2013 09:00

The printer is connected to the computer by USB lead. The computer is connected to the router. All the printer settings report states is 'finding IP address. Below thst is IP 000.000.000.000 Not too useful :-)

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 18th, 2013 02:00

Hi kimhollingshead,

As suspected initially, it could be a problem with the wireless adapter which is not plugged in properly, kindly private message me the service tag, registered owners name, contact number and address. I will check best can be done and help you further.

To private message, click my user name and select Start Conversation.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!