Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2009 05:00

all in one printer - Dell branded model 946

This is supposed to be a 'wireless' printer.  I'm ready to toss it out the window.  I've got an XPS410 that keeps dropping the

connection, I get 'can not communicate' errors, and basically, regardless of error, I have no printer even tho' I dust SOMETHING off

every week.  I would like to know if I can connect the printer via USB to my desktop and if so, how ?  I tried just hard-wiring it, but I still

cannot communicate with it so I suspect a driver is in order ....  I like the printer, it does very well in both B&W and Color....don't wanna

'can' it but will so exactly that if I cannot use it....

I have reinstalled and reinstalled and reinstalled for both the wireless adapter and printer drivers and then it works for a bit then drops

the configuration and cannot communicate with the device.  It was always a dog with scanning, too, sometimes downloading the correct

apps for the scan, and sometimes not.   Help !

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 25th, 2009 12:00

bergall,

A couple of things. To fix the connection on your wireless network, try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings in your wireless router.

Tweak your wireless card...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Also the 946 is NOT a wireless printer, unless you have it attached to a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300, host computer or a wireless print server.

Rick

No Events found!