Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2015 09:00

c1765nfw showing paper jam

my Printer is showing a 077-900 fault and saying open rear cover and remove paper but there is no paper??? I have tried unplugging and leaving it and various basic things but now I'm stuck! has anyone got any ideas?

thanks

29 Posts

July 9th, 2015 19:00

I read in another forum thread "Dell C1765nfw Color Multifunction Printer Paper Jam Error 077-901 Rear Cover" that pressing down on the AC button and holding it for 5 seconds will force debris out of the printer.  Try that.

3 Posts

February 19th, 2016 14:00

I had the same error message and tried all of Dell's posted fixes but none worked.  After WEEKS I added a few steps of my own and it worked like a charm.   I compare it to recipes.  When people share they don't always share EVERYTHING so yours never tastes as good as their own.  Hum...you think.  

P.S.  I barely know how to operate a computer so maybe I just got lucky pressing and messing around.  I am no wizard.  Good Luck!!

1. Power off the printer

2. Press and hold the UP and DN arrow keys while powering on the printer; the buttons may be released when the LCD indicates "Diagnosing".

3. LCD should indicate "Customer Mode" and "ESS Diag" (or something similar).

4. Press the DN arrow to display "IOT Diag"; press the ENTER button. 5. LCD should indicate "IOT Diag" and "Digital Input"; press the ENTER button.

6. Press the UP/DN buttons until the desired DI-xx is shown, then press the ENTER button to execute the test. The test we want to run is the Regi-Sensor test -- DI-3. Press the up arrow until the LCD indicates "DI-3 OFF" then press the enter button. The LCD should now indicate "DI-3 L 0"." 

AFTER THIS.....I did the following and it worked.

7.  PRESS AC, hold it down until for 10 seconds.  Supposedly, the paper should self feed itself to clear out any "possible jam".  Mine didn't.sooooo

8.  I removed all the ink cartridges ( thinking I could trick it out of the backside paper jam error by making it think there was a cartridge problem.

9.  Make sure paper is in the letter and legal feeder

10.  Turn the machine off ( leave the cartridges out)

11.  Turn the machine back on press and hold AC.  I guess 5 seconds

12.  Mine automatically fed paper thru the printer. It said something like resolving the paper paper tray jam

13.  Beeped for me to put the cartridges BACK in

14.  Did that and BOOM no more error message

Anyway, I think that is about what I did and wasn't expecting it to work after trying for a week.  The trick is definitely to keep pressing AC and whatever you can after DI3 LO comes up.

P.S.  unplugging and throwing in the trash is another option.

I bought a very nice HP due to arrive Monday. Tired of the headaches.  The printer has been a huge disappointment.  Shame on you Dell for making something that will *** out within 2 year.

1 Message

February 4th, 2015 12:00

Hello I have exactly same trouble. No choice to clear the error of the sensor, actually I,ve not idea where is the sensor.

May we have any help pls.

Thnks

2 Posts

April 17th, 2015 11:00

wow i have the same problem.  dell said it needed a roller kit to fix it.  then eventually told me they do not have, nor can they get, the kit anymore.  and that i might as well throw the printer out because it can not be fixed.  for being a newer printer i don't understand why they don't have the parts to fix it. mine is barely over a year old and just collecting dust! i am VERY disappointed with dell!

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 16:00

i have the same problem with mine.  its only a yr and a half with VERY light ues.  i am also puzzled about not being able to replace the part being a newer printer.  its all about the money if u aske me!!  i am very disappointed with the printer and dell!  

1 Message

July 12th, 2015 16:00

what can I do to get my printer working again - it says there is a paper jam and there is no paper jam

077-900 printer /

1 Message

October 21st, 2015 19:00

Holding down the AC button cleared my error, thank you!

7 Posts

December 10th, 2015 06:00

THANK YOU!!! Why is this not in the manual in troubleshooting?

2 Posts

January 16th, 2016 06:00

Stupid question BUT what is holding down the AC button? Where is that? I turn on the power button and the printer boots up and then goes automatically into paper jam mode even though there is NO paper whatsoever jammed. It must be a fault in the sensor. 

3 Posts

February 19th, 2016 14:00

had the same error message and tried all of Dell's posted fixes but none worked.  After WEEKS I added a few steps of my own and it worked like a charm.   I compare it to recipes.  When people share they don't always share EVERYTHING so yours never tastes as good as their own.  Hum...you think.  

P.S.  I barely know how to operate a computer so maybe I just got lucky pressing and messing around.  I am no wizard.  Good Luck!!

1. Power off the printer

2. Press and hold the UP and DN arrow keys while powering on the printer; the buttons may be released when the LCD indicates "Diagnosing".

4. Press the DN arrow to display "IOT Diag"; press the ENTER button. 5. LCD should indicate "IOT Diag" and "Digital Input"; press the ENTER button.

6. Press the UP/DN buttons until the desired DI-xx is shown, then press the ENTER button to execute the test. The test we want to run is the Regi-Sensor test -- DI-3. Press the up arrow until the LCD indicates "DI-3 OFF" then press the enter button. The LCD should now indicate "DI-3 L 0"." 

7.  PRESS AC, hold it down until for 10 seconds.  Supposedly, the paper should self feed itself to clear out any "possible jam".  Mine didn't.sooooo

8.  I removed all the ink cartridges ( thinking I could trick it out of the backside paper jam error by making it think there was a cartridge problem.

12.  Mine automatically fed paper thru the printer. It said something like resolving the paper paper tray jam

Anyway, I think that is about what I did and wasn't expecting it to work after trying for a week.  The trick is definitely to keep pressing AC and whatever you can after DI3 LO comes up.

I bought a very nice HP due to arrive Monday. Tired of the headaches.  The printer has been a huge disappointment.  Shame on you Dell for making something that will *** out within 2 year.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2016 14:00

I had the same error message and tried all of Dell's posted fixes but none worked.  After WEEKS I added a few steps of my own and it worked like a charm.   I compare it to recipes.  When people share they don't always share EVERYTHING so yours never tastes as good as their own.  Hum...you think.  

1. Power off the printer

1 Message

May 14th, 2018 15:00

wow...long instractions, but they worked. i needed to turn it off and on with the AC button pressed, but it did the trick!

1 Message

September 25th, 2018 06:00

This totally worked!!  I removed my cartridges, powered down the printer and then back up again, held down the AC button, and the printer finally cleared the paper jam.  I had a tiny piece of paper in the printer that had torn off when I was pulling a jammed paper from the back of the printer and I couldn't reach it with my hand.  THANK YOU A MILLION!! :)

No Events found!