Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2010 11:00

cannot install "Photo 926" on Windows 7 (64bit): "The Dell Photo AIO Printer 926 printer is not installed. Please reinstall your printer driver."

Hi

I cannot install my "Photo 926" on my Latitude E6500 with Windows 7 (64bit)

I'm using the current driver (Windows 7, 64 Bit, Version 1.3.2.6557) and get after installing the SW the following errormessage:
"The Dell Photo AIO Printer 926 printer is not installed. Please reinstall your printer driver."

I tried really everthing:
- Reinstalling Win7 => no success
- Used the DELLXPCleanUpUtility
- retried it with the compatibility-Option (Vista SP2) and administrator-rights

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 7th, 2010 12:00

sendling,

What you really need to do is try the instructions exactly as I have them at...

926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

The trick is to install the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. If you get an error message, the exact error message can be helpful.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 7th, 2010 14:00

Nikolai,

Did you, disconnect your printer, run the patch until it prompted you to restart your computer, then restart your computer. Make sure the printer is gone. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Install the Vista 64-bit drivers in the compatibility mode. It should walk you through the process. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time. If the printer does not install, then try a different USB Port.

The computer with Windows 7, is this a desktop or a laptop?

Rick

10 Posts

February 7th, 2010 14:00

Hi Rick
Thanks for your fast reply

I tried already your trick with the vista driver in compatibility-mode (Vista SP2) and administrator-rights.

I used your recommended version:
Release Date: 3/7/2007
Version: A01
Download Type: Driver 
File Format: Hard Drive
File Size: 61 MB
64 Bit

I always get the error-message "The Dell Photo AIO Printer 926 printer is not installed. Please reinstall your printer driver." if I start the "Dell All-In-One Center".

Do you have any other ideas?

with kind regards
Nikolai

10 Posts

February 9th, 2010 11:00

Hi Rick

I've used the removal tool and checked that the printer is really removed: yes!

After re-Installing the driver the same errormessage is shown.

I'm using a Dell Latitude E6500 with Windows 7 (64 bit)
The system is brand-new installed :(

See file informations:

My file-Settings for setup.exe

while setup, the system return this message

and after that, the setup-tool return "everything is fine"

And then, this errormessage is shown

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 12:00

sendling,

Need to start over. Disconnect the printer, run the patch and make sure the printers gone. You know this drill.

When you go to install the drivers, select XP compatibility mode(may want to try XP SP3) and try installing the drivers. The drivers that are offered are compatible with XP (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit)

May I ask, what language the error message is? Is it German and what does the error message say?

Rick

10 Posts

btw: I tested the printer with my old inspiron-laptop (XP-SP3): the printer works fine.

10 Posts

Hi Rick

Now, I tried it with XP-SP3, but there is no progress :(

Is it possible to get only the drivers?

You are right, this message is in german and means "The driver wasn't installed. Please click here for more details"

with kind regards
Nikolai

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 13:00

Nikolai,

Still a couple of thing to try. Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number. Look for the notebook utility and the chipset drivers. If you cannot find them for Windows 7, the try the Vista ones in the compatibility mode. I'm thinking of a possible problem with the usb ports that does not always show up as a problem.

With the printer disconnected and uninstalled, then try this, since it's a laptop.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Now I'd try installing the drivers and see what happens. The printer remains disconnected until you see the message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on). Please use a 6ft or smaller usb cable.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 14:00

sendling,

Virus programs and firewalls also hinder printer installations. Try disabling them to see if it installs. If so, then we'll need to allow the printer past them. It's mostly the virus program but I have seen firewalls also do this.

Rick

10 Posts

Hi Rick, it's me, again...

I tried your described steps and it still doesn't work :(

If I plug in the USB-cable while installation (after the tools asks me) I get a system-message (at bottom-right) like: new USB device found, install drivers

The Tools starts copying the files and 3 seconds later, the system return this message:

(means: driversoftware wasn't installed, click here for details)

The Dell-Setup is still running while this time...

10 Posts

Hi Rick

Firewall is off, AntiVirus ist not installed because thei Notebook is fresh installed because of this printer issue

with kind regards
Nikolai

10 Posts

February 9th, 2010 15:00

Hi Rick

see here a screenshot of my devicemanager: The printer is shown, but drivers are installed

Translation german to english:
Treiber = driver
Treiberanbieter: creator of driver
Treiberdatum: date of driver
Treiberversion: driverversion
Nicht verfügbar: not available

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

sendling,

I have an email in to some sources. Will get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Rick

10 Posts

Hi Rick, this picture is shown while installing.

While copying files, Windows 7 returns that the drivers couldn't installed

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 17:00

sendling,

It seems that the drivers that we're using is for English Operating systems only. My sources also checked the German website and they're the English drivers, also.

At this point, I'm thinking that maybe we can install the drivers from the disk but he suggested to try this.

Make sure there is no USB hub in between the printer and computer.

Have you tried another USB port?

In Windows® 7:

1. Click Start .

2. Click Control Panel located on the column on the right.

3. Click Hardware and Sound.

4. Under Devices and Printers, click Add a Printer.

5. Select Add a local printer.

6. Select Create a new port:.

7. Using the drop down menu select the port that has your printer model listed.

8. Click Next.

9. Click the Dell printer with the correct IP address, click Close.

Note:  
      Click refresh until the printer shows if it does not automatically.  

10. Click Close.

11. Under Manufacture scroll down until Dell Inkjet Drivers is showing.

12. Click Dell Inkjet Drivers.

13. Click your Dell AIO Printer model under Printers.

14. Click Next.

15. Select Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended), then click Next

16. Change the printer name if desired.

Note:  
      Since there will be two instances of the Dell printer in Printers, it might be helpful if this one reflects that it is wireless.  

17. Ensure the Set as the default printer box is checked, click Next.

18. Click Yes on the Software License agreement window.

19. Click Print a test page, then click Finish.
    The test page is printed.

Rick

No Events found!