Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2012 17:00

{moved} xps with dell printer v725w

Hey not to sure if I'm posting this in the right section but, I bought a xps13 with no disk drive and also bought a dell v725w wireless printer.

How do I get the printer software onto my pc, the box the printer comes in only has a cd.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 6th, 2012 19:00

mikeyachi,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V725w Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer, Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

If you want to use the printer using the wireles adapter, then use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

With the computer online, go to Dell V725w All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7) and download the Windows 7 64-bit drivers. Install the drivers, choose network, new installation, then follow the instructions. It will ask for your network and password.

Also try reading...

Allow file and printer sharing FSecure

When this is complete, post back and let me know the progress.

Rick

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 5th, 2012 17:00

Download the drivers and software from Dell Downloads here-- www.dell.com/.../dell-v725w-inkjet-printer

4 Posts

August 5th, 2012 21:00

thanks mary g i did try to upload all of that but its just the usb drivers  and the firmwre to update the printer. its not the actual software itself.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 6th, 2012 00:00

The best way would to be to use another computer (if you don't have one to hand, use a friends) which has a CD/DVD drive and to copy the entire contents of the CD/DVD to a USB stick. Insert the USB stick into the computer and run the setup.exe.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 6th, 2012 03:00

mikeyachi,

What is the opertaing system you have installed? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Is the printer connected with the usb cable or using the wireless adapter?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

4 Posts

August 6th, 2012 18:00

thanks i thought of that but i didnt want to have to go threw that hassle of buying a second usb stick. first one to put the factory image of the pc onto it.  second i bought my pc to not have to use someones pc. thanks for responding  and tryin to help

4 Posts

August 6th, 2012 19:00

i just bought the xps13 ultra book runnning windows 7 64bit i believe. as far as virus protection i am using fsecure it comes with free with my internet service. i did not hook it up to my pc yet. i am not havin problems connecting it. i want to run the software for the printer on my pc before i connect it. but the problem is i have a ultra book no disk drive. and the printer only comes with a disk for the software. i tried to look it up in the driver section of dell but it only has the drivers and the firmware, now i tried to download the firmware portion of it. and all it does is make sure the printer firmware is up to date.

14 Posts

September 9th, 2012 06:00

Hi Mike/everyone

thinking of buying Dell printer v725w

but I'm looking for machine that can scan recto-verso automatically...

could you please confirm that v725w does it ?

can only read specs confirming dual-side print out... but nothing with respect to Scanning !

BRgds

David

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 9th, 2012 12:00

David,

I don't think this printer can scan on both sides without some type of user interaction.

Rick

No Events found!