Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2012 21:00

multiple problems with my Photo 926 printer

Hi I'm having multiple problems with my Photo 926 printer.  I have tried searching through the forums and have tired somethings but still have the same problems.

The problems are:

Printer alignment problem

Paper not feeding

Spooler error

Fixes I have tried:

Shaking it (even thought of throwing it out of the window or introducing it to my baseball bat!!!!)

Wiping the cartridges with water (as I haven't used it for a long time because of the errors)

Reinstalling the printer

The paper feeding problem seemed to have started from day one. I put the paper in until it meets resistance and the top of the paper is just above the paper holder.  When printer it makes the running noise, but just won't feed in - i have to give it an extra push for the printer to "latch on" to the paper.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Patrick

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 6th, 2012 22:00

Hi Patrick,

You can try a few steps before having second thoughts on the printer.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

•Human Interface Devices (HID).
•Printer Spooler.
•RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
•RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
•Windows image acquisition (WIA).
•Windows Installer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to clear paper feeder problem:

1. Unplug the power cord, adapter from the printer, press and hold the power button on the printer for 20 seconds. This will remove the static power from the printer.
  2. Please check if there are any obstructions in the paper tray, and make sure the roller guides are working.
  3. Remove all the papers from the tray and try to print using one paper at a time.
  4. Adjust the paper guides so that they just touch the paper.
  5. Misadjusting the paper guides can cause jams or misfeed.
  6. If the guides are too loose, the paper may jam, misfeed, or skew.
  7. If the guides are too tight, paper may bow, causing multiple feeds or jams.

For alignment of the cartridges, please try using new ink cartridges and align them. 

Please reply if you have any further questions.

No Events found!