Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 29th, 2005 01:00

photo quaility

I am very disappointed in the appearance of the photos I have prointed so far and slso in just the color priinting in general. I have used both the photo ink as well as the reg color and black and white ink. No problem with black and white. But all the colors looked just drab and not bright  colors like I thought I was getting. Anyone else have a problem with this Also I a using Dell ink that canmme with the printer and the extra photo ink I purchased seperately. Has anybody used the generic ink?

569 Posts

May 31st, 2005 20:00

Are you adjusting your print quality settings to 'photo' and manually selecting 'photo glossy' paper (if you are using photo paper) for your paper type?  Which model of printer do you have?

1 Rookie

• 

41 Posts

May 31st, 2005 20:00

I had a similar problem with the AIO 922, and discovered that, even if you are printing on plain paper, manually setting paper type to Photo/Glossy, as Printboy suggested, improves color contrast. With my aging Epson Stylus Color 600, I can alter exotic settings such as "microweave" and "dithering" to coax better results on specific print jobs. These appear to be inaccessible with the Dell printer, but I would guess are being changed "behind the scenes" when you set the paper type manually.

Terry

2 Posts

June 6th, 2005 11:00

Same problem with mine brand new AIO 922.  After the installation and a few pages in B/W I tried to print a color page... NOT GOOD !

My old HP 936Cxi did a much better job even in normal quality mode...

Any suggestion for improving is more than welcome.  

1 Rookie

• 

41 Posts

June 6th, 2005 19:00

I used to use an HP 970cxi at work and had the same experience: photo-quality printing in normal print mode. When I can afford it, I will look at HPs and Epsons to replace the Dell. (My first printer was an Epson Stylus Color 600. By today's standards it's not great, but it was, for its price, 8 years ago.)

Have you tried what I suggested, manually setting the paper type to a higher grade than you are using? That got me color contrast comparable to my Epson SC 600 in normal print mode, with less graininess than the Epson.

What are you printing (photos or text + photos), and on what quality paper?

Terry

2 Posts

June 7th, 2005 12:00

thks Terry for your reply,

I indeed set the print quality higher (photo quality) and print again the same page, I must say it was better but still not the same result as on the HP.

I also print - a real digital photo - on photo paper and also here the quality is "poor".

To be honnest I'm a little bit dissatisfied about this new Dell printer afterall we are talking here about a Lexmark.

Only thing I didn't try is the 'special' photo inkt cardridges....but at the end it's getting expencive !

1 Rookie

• 

41 Posts

June 7th, 2005 19:00

I share your disappointment, and think Dell should stick to computers and leave printers to the printer pros. Not much else to say on the subject.

Terry

23 Posts

June 7th, 2005 22:00

Can someone tell me a good quality photo printer that is not really expensive. Also I would like to get on a BB  that uses this printer.
No Events found!