Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2010 06:00

printer colors have no blue

Can anyone PLEASE help me?! My printer will not print the correct colors.....seems to be blue that is missing. I did all of the trouble-shooting tips....at least ten times!....and put in a new cartridge. HELP?????

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2010 06:00

Grammy06,

What is the make and model of your Printer?

Rick

8 Posts

February 8th, 2010 07:00

It's a DELL A10 A920  

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2010 07:00

Grammy06,

Does the printer print blue, when you put a document under the glass?

Rick

8 Posts

February 8th, 2010 08:00

About half way down the page and then it quit.....just like when I try to copy a picture. The colors are not true when I print from the scanner either.

Thanks so much for trying to help me. This is driving me crazy!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2010 08:00

Grammy06,

You are using Dell Series 1 cartridges, correct?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 1 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 1 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these are Dell Series 1 ink cartridges, then take them back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

8 Posts

February 8th, 2010 15:00

Ok, I unplugged the printer.....for the entire afternoon because I got sidetracked on other things. I just plugged it back in.......and removed and replaced both cartridges. No alignment page printed and I don't know what a power brick is.

Yes, using Dell series 1 and no error message.

Thanks again. You sound like you don't think I'm going to have to get a new printer. I sure hope that is the case.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2010 17:00

Grammy06,

The power brick is the black square thing in the back of the printer. Looks something like this.

Rick

8 Posts

February 9th, 2010 05:00

Thank you.....I unplugged and plugged in....turned on....removed and replace cartridges. Now, the blue is working, but colors are still not right.

I followed the troubleshooter to clean the nozzels and hardly any blue or yellow shows up and there are very many breaks in the lines.

. I guess I might need a new cartridge now.....I used up so much ink.

Thanks for your help.....any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bonnie

5 Posts

February 21st, 2010 18:00

I have similar problem with my A920 Series 1 color cartridge that I have not used for more than 3 months, and still shows ‘full’. Previous cartridge worked fine in this Window XP. When I select the maintenance tool ‘clean to fix horizontal streaks’, other colors seem to print fine except blue: after the first line of blue ‘verticles’, and the first line of solid blue printed well, the next 5 solid blue lines get increasing sparse – eventually just a few thin blue lines.  The last line of  blue ‘verticles’ is hardly noticeable on the paper.

I re-seat and clean the print head many times with damp paper, and also power-off the printer, remove the ‘brick’ several times (as suggested). Copying also lacks the blue color. Would appreciate any further suggestions to save this cartridge --  Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2010 19:00

taichi5,

It sounds like the color cartridge has started to dry up. You can try...

Cleaning Dell ink cartridges and see if it helps or not. If not, then you'll need to replace the cartridge.

Rick

5 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 19:00

Thanx Rick for the link;  I tried it, but unfortunately it did not work.

The question I've in mind is: why does the cartridge print some good lines at the beginning, & then fail on successive lines?

When I redo with a new paper, it repeats the same  pattern. If the cartridge cloggs or dries up, I imagine it would not print any good

lines at all, or it would fail randomly. Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2010 20:00

taichi5,

Getting ready for work.

If you could click on the blue PudgyOne and the bottom of the page, then upload the image, then post the direct link here, so I can see what you're document looks like.

Rick

8 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 06:00

My problem and question EXACTLY!!!!

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 18:00

I uploaded an image at: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3042/920smpl.jpg

altho the other colors are not too good, but the blue fades rapidly down the page. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 24th, 2010 01:00

taichi5,

WOW! That was suppose to have solid blue bars. I would think it's a defective color cartridge.

Did you try taking it back to the place of purchase for a replacement?

Rick

No Events found!