Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 23rd, 2009 22:00

printer ink cartridges

I just had some old ink cartridges from my  Dell 924 printer refilled at a local office supply store. The printer doesn't recognize the color one as being full or anything other than empty. Is there some sort of software reset for this? Photos print okay but the alignment sheet doesn't print correctly, color wise.

$$ is an issue here as the refills are much less expensive then buying new from Dell.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 24th, 2009 05:00

bkap,

There is no way to turn the message about low ink off. If you can get the printer to work this way, and can live with the low ink message and the print quality, then that's fine. If you have issues with the printer, then your solution might be to replace the cartridge with a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge to get the printer working again.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

14 Posts

August 24th, 2009 14:00

Thanks, Rick. I was thinking that was the situation. The printer works but the color quality isn't that great.

This will sure give me a different perspective next time I look at computer/printer deals.

Thanks again for the reply and the Staples/Walmart tip.

bkap

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2009 08:00

bkap,

I tried this with a different printer that I had and I didn't like the print quality. I ended up purchasing the proper cartridges.

If I want to print many pictures, I take them to a photo place and upload the images there and have them print them for me. For the price and quality, I cannot match this at home.

My printer now does homework, a few coupons and an occasional picture. I use it more for scanning images and emailing them.

Rick

14 Posts

August 25th, 2009 09:00

Yeah, the print quality really went down, which is saying something because, photo wise, it wasn't all that great to begin with. We do use another service for photo-quality prints but it is nice once and a while to print some one-off photo.

Thanks again for your input.

bkap

No Events found!