Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2009 16:00

"Unsupported cartridge" message, Dell 725 inkjet + brand new Series 6 Dell cartridge

Second time this has happened with Dell-brand cartridges with this printer. Is there any way to reset the printer? Any other ideas? The printer is out of warranty, so I'd have to pay for Dell advice on this (!)--I suppose I can return the cartridge yet again, but I'd really like to get the printer working again.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 27th, 2009 16:00

barryevans,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Plug everything back in and power on the printer. Now remove the Dell Series 6 Color cartridge. Make sure the tape is off the cartridge and reseat the cartridge. Then close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Dell Series 6 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

Dell Series 6 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is possible the cartridge has a bad sensor. Try taking it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

2 Posts

June 28th, 2009 16:00

Thanks Rick. Doesn't do anything, unfortunately, still get Unsupported Cartridge message. I have another Dell-brand cartridge (almost out of ink), same error message.

I'll try anything at this point, so if you have any other ideas, I'm open to them, thank you!

barry

No Events found!