Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2007 18:00

replace drum 3100cn

I have only printed 5k pages on my dell 3100cn (have about 70%) left of all my original colors yet the printer wont print since it say replace drum.  Unfortunately ive had this printer for over 1 year since i dont print a ton of stuff.  A new drum is ridiculously expensive especially given how few pages ive printed.  Is there a way to reset the drum so it will continue to print or do i have any leverage with dell since this is way below what they claim the printer's drum will do.

D

2.4K Posts

April 9th, 2007 06:00

Hi dhodson

From Chris

My computer
Dell Dimension 1100
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP 2
512 MB for Ram
Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz
Linksys wireless-G WUSB54GS With SpeedBooster
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3

16 Posts

April 9th, 2007 23:00

chris thanks for the reply
i understand how to install a new drum....i just find it ridiculous that i should have to do so after only 5k pages.  There is no way this printer should be asking for a new drum at this point.  If u can only get 5k worth of pages out of this printer/drum then it is the worst value of any color laser printer on the market.

55 Posts

April 11th, 2007 13:00

sometimes happen that drum comes to be demaged, when you have the possibility than try to replace with know good one, when not and when you have waranty, than call dell bcs. of replace drum

1 Message

November 18th, 2012 16:00

I have Dell 3100 cn and need to replace the cartridges. I cannot take the old cartridge out. I have done in the past and remember seeing the message on the front little screen, eject the cartridge. this time the menu button is not communicating. 

Need help!

No Events found!