Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2014 18:00

V515W, wireless issues

Having issues connecting the printer wirelessly to my computer. Have tried every option (including every help post I could find) Here's my main issue, I have a constant orange light on the printer, which means it's not connected, when installing onto the computer it still could not find the wireless network, so I went ahead and installed it through USB. As per other instructions, once installed, went back in to the dell printer home to go into 'wireless setup utility', my issue, it can not find file 'dleaina.ini' and will not open. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times now and that has not fixed the issue once. I then tried to manually connect the printer and network by using the printer's network settings option and pressing the wep button on my router, but once again, it would not connect, and I am positive that it is not a distance issue bc I put the two devices right next to each other. I'm seriously at my wits end and just want this printer to be able to connect to the network. please help

105 Posts

April 15th, 2014 03:00

Hi MarkFosterJr,

Here are some steps that I recommend that can help solve your problem:

• Press the Cancel button one or more times until the Mode menu appears.
  • Press the left or right button. Once Setup appears, press the check button.
  • Press the left or right button. Once Network Setup appears, press the check button.
  • Press the left or right button. Once Reset Network Adapter Defaults appears, press the check button.
  • Press the left or right button and wait until Yes appears. Press the check button.

This process will only take a minute or two to re-enable the network adapter, after that the orange light should turn blue. Run the setup utility again and it should discover your network.

Hope these steps will help! :emotion-1:

1 Message

December 19th, 2014 19:00

I am having the same problem. I cannot set up to my network because of the missing dleaini.ini files. I have also tried to reinstall the driver.

1 Message

December 20th, 2014 09:00

I had the same problem with connecting my wireless printer.  After following Dell's instructions several times, without success, I clicked on the orange or red light via against the instructions and I believe it was the orange light, which worked for me. So try clicking on opposite color light within the instructions and see if you can continue the wireless setup.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 21st, 2014 15:00

Irishmyst84,

See if your virus program has quarantined these files.

If the light on the printer green or orange?

Does the printer work for other computers?

Rick

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2017 14:00

I know this is an old post, but I recently ran into the same problem on Windows 10. To solve the missing dleanini.ini file issue I went to the folder where the Dell Home install gets extracted "C:\DELL\drivers\V515w\Wireless" and in the wirelesss folder found the dleaini.ini file. I copied that file to the Dell Home directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dashboard". Once I copied the .ini there the Wireless Setup worked from within the Dell Printer Home settings tab. I hope this helps anyone else that is having the problem. I am not sure why the Dell rep did not address that specific issue.

1 Message

February 20th, 2019 15:00

My friend. Dell should be paying you at least 50k for solving this in the easiest way possible because none of their tech support was able to figure this out. I have been trying to find Dell videos or threads solving this issue, but your suggestion of a SIMPLE copy and paste solved my issue.

Thank you for taking the time . 

No Events found!