Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2013 20:00

v525W paper jam error

Hello, on my V525w printer I keep getting a paper jam error.  There is no paper in it all as I have torn it all apart looking for anything!  Thank you in advance for the help.

1.3K Posts

June 19th, 2013 22:00

Hi Bbest1974,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Check the paper tray or lift the scanner unit or lift the ADF door to check for jammed paper/ other obstructions/dust particles.
Firmly grasp the paper/obstruction, and then gently pull it out ( Be careful not to tear off the paper to avoid torn paper bits inside the rollers)
Clean any dust particles surrounding the paper sensor/ paper path.
Load a smaller amount of paper when printing multiple pages (use only new, unwrinkled paper)
Load paper with the print side face down. (If you are not sure which side is the printable side,see the instructions that came with the paper.)
Check the loading instructions for your paper or specialty media,Use only paper recommended for the printer. For more information on media size and type, check Printer Specifications
Adjust the paper guides

Click on the link below for an article on how to Use and Troubleshoot the Dell V525w All-in-One Inkjet Printer.

http://dell.to/11zFViC

Note:
Paper jam errors can occur in various locations in the printer. You may access your printer Manuals from the Dell Support page by clicking on the link below.

http://dell.to/XULgT1

Enter your service tag or product name and then click on Manuals & Documentation. You may check the pictures, instructions and manuals for your printer model.

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2013 05:00

Hi Bbest1974,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

5 Posts

February 24th, 2014 13:00

I have the same exact problem on my printer. When I went to the documentation online and saw that I am missing a part. I have no "PAPER JAM COVER" on this printer.  My printer even when unplugged and repowered comes up with same error. " PAPER JAM" . 

When I called for Dell Customer Support I was told on 02/24/2014 @4:40PM that this printer is discontinued and parts are no longer available.

For a printer that I bought NEW in January of 2013, I should of been told they were going to discontinue it!

Makes me want to go to another computer brand for upgrading.

105 Posts

February 24th, 2014 23:00

Oh that problem can really mean inconvenience and of course, waste of time and money!

Here are some tricks that I hope can help you:

• Check the paper, make sure it is unwrinked,
  • Use the correct size and type of paper
  • Check paper loading. It is better to load a smaller amount of paper and load it with the print side face up.
  • Remove each page as the printer prints.

Hope these tips will help you! :emotion-1:

105 Posts

February 24th, 2014 23:00

Oh that problem can really mean inconvenience and of course, waste of time and money!

Here are some tricks that I hope can help you:

• Check the paper, make sure it is unwrinkled
  • Use the correct size and type of paper
  • Check paper loading. It is better to load a smaller amount of paper and load it with the print side face up.
  • Remove each page as the printer prints.

Hope these tips will help you! :emotion-1:

5 Posts

February 25th, 2014 12:00

Evidently You DID NOT READ THE SENTENCE CAREFULLY.  "I DO NOT HAVE PAPER IN IT AT ALL"

The Printer IS EMPTY!

The error message says "PAPER JAM"

Then pictures going thru the Printer opening up the top, sides and back and removing paper.

I have done all of this...

Same result... N O T H I N G !

1 Message

September 3rd, 2014 06:00

i have the same problem....my printer is a year old.  i have it as a backup at home and it has printed less than 500 pages.  i took it to my local computer guru who tells me it would cost more than the darn printer is worth to fix.  Dell is worthless.  I have called to as if they have paper path rollers so i can change them....Nothing.  The took my money for a printer that broke after using less than a ream of paper.  Shame on you Dell.

3 Posts

July 7th, 2018 12:00

I  have the same problem and the same non support from Dell.  Have finally learned lesson about Dell mail order electronics....even making it impossible to buy ink except through Dell. And it is likely not manufactured by Dell...hence no tech experience. Sad.

No Events found!