Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2014 18:00

v715w troubles printing

My Dell v715w printer has been working adequately for a few years now but early this year the printhead had to be replaced and ever since then their has been major issues with my printing.

I cannot print more than one print job. After printing the first print job if I wish to print anything else whether it be on the internet or in MS WORD the printer will not receive the print job and it never prints. It does show up in the queue of print jobs so I try and cancel the print job and even trouble shoot the printer using the troubleshoot button but only sometimes will it detect a spooling error and print the next print job and then it messes up again

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times trying to fix the problem but no help. The only thing that seems to work is I print something out and them have to restart the whole computer and then I can print the next thing I want... but this is a hassle when I have several things to print out...

Im ready to throw this thing out the window! please help!

Thankyou!

~Berenise 

June 25th, 2014 07:00

Hi Berenise ,

welcome to the community, You might follow some of the troubleshooting steps as mentioned in the link below. However i strongly believe that it can be because of the drivers, Though you have installed the drivers . Please try to install the drivers from the link choosing the system's current operating system and check. Reply us with the result .

Troubleshooting Printer link - http://dell.to/1jNVz2B

Printer V715W Drivers - http://dell.to/1ivJe8H

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2014 08:00

Bernise,

I would first try...

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

No Events found!