Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

• 

6.5K Posts

August 21st, 2014 19:00

LUN IOPS

hi there ..

Does anybody how to set up Prosphere for monitoing LUN IOPS ?

Then can Mail alert or some kind of alert function can be set limit % of IOPS ?

thanks

aya

1.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2014 10:00

I don't think you'll be able to accomplish this easily.  Prosphere can generate only a limited set of performance alerts.  Take a look at the Admin Guide and the section on setting Performance Thresholds (page 49 onward).

For a VMAX, if you have an SPA alert specified for a given LUN, SPA will issue the alert, then ProSphere can relay it (email or SNMP).  I have several SPA alerts set, and ProSphere relays them nicely.

For a Clariion or VNX, it's a little bit trickier.  You'll need to get Unisphere or Navisphere to generate the alert, then ProSphere can relay it as well. 

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

• 

6.5K Posts

October 5th, 2014 18:00

hi Karl ..

thanks for the advise .. I will check with customer about corboration with Unisphere analyzer for this ..

thanks !

Aya

April 26th, 2015 04:00

Hi Ayas,

Try using the Unisphere Central for a change. it's a very good tool and you can get all the relevant performance data that a storage admin needs and that too with upto 2 years( 1 yrs is default) of history information.

Check our from the download section. it's a vApp, so it's very easy to deploy and much easier than the complexity of prosphere. Trust me on that( I have already tried all versions of Prosphere from 1.4 to 2.0).

No Events found!