Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2012 06:00

Prosphere 1.7 and Cisco UCS

Hi,

I upgraded my environment to 1.7 of Prosphere, however I still cannot see topology data for my environment connecting the Cisco UCS Windows hosts with the storage.  I was informed this was going to be changed as of 1.7 and it still does not work.

My environment is set up that its UCS Blade -> Fabric interconnect -> Brocade -> VNX.  I am pulling performance data off the windows hosts, just no capacity tracking or topology map.

Side note, I am unable to discover UCS with Prosphere using SNMP, is this still by design?

Thanks

23 Posts

December 27th, 2012 13:00

Any updates here how to integrate NPIV and UCS into Prosphere? I have exactly the same question as Canucksih.

472 Posts

January 2nd, 2013 01:00

Hi,

I believe from EMC Product Management that Cisco UCS is a target for a ProSphere version sometime this year.  However, I do not have any more definite information at this time.

Regards,

Séamus Coffey

EMC Customer Support Services

472 Posts

Hi,

From the latest information that I have just checked, environments that are connected to Fabric Interconnects as opposed to fibre channel switches are not yet supported in ProSphere.

Regards,

Séamus

23 Posts

Thanks! I am just wondering if I am overlooking something.

Supporting UCS could also mean to enhance PS GUI etc.

But the very basic requirement is NPIV which is now finally included in PS 1.7. How can I convince PS to discover the hosts which are not directly connected to the MDS but instead via the Fabric Interconnects? Is there a way to pull the data from the FIs or is there another easy workaround?

No Events found!