Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2013 10:00

Adobe Photoshop Elements/Premiere 11 does not set up

Hi

Recently purchased a Dell XPS One 27 touch that was supposed to come pre-loaded with Elements 11 and Premiere.   Neither of them seem to be available via the digital download delivery system - which I have uninstalled and re-installed after reading several suggestions on here with no joy.  I have also tried to reset the settings as often suggested on here but, again, no joy.

When I search the computer for 'elements' I get a setup.exe file which I click on but seems to do nothing.  Am I in the right place to do this?  Do I have a missing file or something?  Or am I going about things in the wrong way?

Thanks for any assistance

Andrew

943 Posts

September 24th, 2013 12:00

Hi Andrew,

I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that has been caused to you due to this issue. Please provide me the Service Tag or the Express service and I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button. I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and name listed on the account so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.

943 Posts

September 25th, 2013 07:00

Hi Andrew,

I have responded on your private message, Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.

1 Message

October 4th, 2013 06:00

I am having the same problem as Andrew...I just bought a 17R Non Touch and cannot get the Photoshop Element 11 to work.  When I click on the exe file nothing happens.

943 Posts

October 4th, 2013 14:00

Hi JAM10811

I would suggest you to download both applications from Dell Digital Delivery. In case you are unable to do so, then I would suggest you to uninstall the Dell Digital Delivery application and reinstall it again from the link given below:

http://dell.to/15aeZen

After installing the application, try to re-install your purchased programs and check how it works. If you need help in installing the applications from Dell Digital Delivery, you may refer to the link below and see if that helps you:

http://dell.to/1aTikPt

Please keep us posted on the results.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

November 7th, 2013 21:00

Prateek

I am having a similar problem to JAM10811. We received out Inspirion 17R yesterday and now have it set it up except that Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 hasn't been installed as expected. I assume that it should have been installed by Dell Digital Delivery. The Dell offer we purchased included PSE11 as part of the purchase price. Dell Digital Delivery didn't run after the Windows setup and hasn't run on any of the subsequent start-ups. I ran DDD manually (clicking on the Start screen icon) and it reported "Your software purchases are up to date" but Adobe PSE 11 isn't installed. No software is listed in DDD.

I have tried your recommendations above:

- uninstall and reinstall DDD.

- run the reset tool from the second link you provided (http://kcsportal.dell.comhttp//kcsportal.dell.com/agent/documentServlet?path=/svc/documents/1346772110601.ResetDDDSettings_v4.0.exe - note that the link is broken - removing the duplication enabled me to download successfully)

I also tried the reset settings button in DDD.

How do I install PSE 11?

Thanks

OB

2 Posts

November 7th, 2013 23:00

Since posting I have been in contact with Customer Support. They informed me that PSE11 hadn't been included on the laptop and that it was being posted out separately next week. So I'll wait till arrives and see how I go.

That would probably account for why it wasn't showing up in DDD and it also means it wasn't because of a problem with DDD.

Cheers

OB

No Events found!