Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2014 18:00

Adobe Photoshop Elements/Premiere 11 not installed by Dell?

I purchased both PSE11 and PRE11 but could not find them anywhere on my laptop when it arrived. NO disk media either. My purchase manifest lists this software purchase as follows:
421-9930 Adobe PSE11, Digital Delivery, Key, Upsell
421-9933 Adobe PRE11, Digital Delivery, Key, Upsell

Notice how listed items in the manifest have no price beside them, even though that is how purchases are calculated and made on the Dell commerce site. Now why is that?

Dell Digital Delivery did not, to my knowledge, automatically run upon first or second startup or anytime as far as I can tell. Manually running Dell Digital Delivery did not resolve the problem, "my system is up to date".

Finding someone at Dell to respond to my concerns was a nightmare. When I finally got through, they told me that I hadn't purchased a fully functioning version of PRE/PSE 11! This is hard to dispute when the purchase manifest does not list individual item prices! Dell refused to provide me with a copy of my itemized purchase order, so it seems that it's my word against theirs! So I asked them to show me how to find and run the "trial" version of PRE/PSE so I could run them, since they are, after all listed, in the purchase manifest, but Dell support replied that they didn't know how to find and run programs on my Windows 8 laptop.

Now they are "looking into it" and I am mad as , especially since the laptop that I ordered for my daughter on December 1st to video editing on did not arrive in time for Christmas, and I'm still waiting for the case. Then, the one piece of software we wanted more than anything else is not installed, and Dell is calling me a liar and doesn't give a .

If there is a way to resolve this matter I'd love to hear it.

Thx.

6 Posts

October 4th, 2017 01:00

installing adobe photoshop this days isnt really easy, but the challenge most users are getting is paying for the premuim versions. But recently i came across a site that allows you Download Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Full Version

1 Message

January 2nd, 2014 23:00

I am also going through the same thing.  I purchased the laptop, with PSE11 and PRE11.  Dell Digital Delivery does show PRE11, but I cannot get PSE to download properly.  I am going to try to contact support tomorrow, hopefully I'll have better luck.  I'll post back if they tell me anything.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 11:00

UPDATE: I managed to download, install and run Dell Digital Download executable from my Download manager (which I then found out was older than an installed version already on my computer!), and although nothing seemed to happen the first time, the second time I did see my two programs there, so I clicked to download (again?!)/install then. Whether PRE11 and PSE11 were added there by Dell Support following my call I can't tell. In any case, all good... the software programs work as far as I can tell

Reading the comments and suggestions in this forum thread was very helpful :-)

It bothers me a lot that Dell Support would repeatedly insist that I did not pay for these "trial" programs even though they are on the manifest, or explain to me how to find/access/install them. I am disappointed that no explanations or instructions regarding my "pre-installed" software --indeed no documentation at all-- came with my new Windows 8 Touchscreen laptop.

2 Posts

January 16th, 2014 23:00

I had the exact same problem, with my laptop being delivered over 2 weeks later than the supposed delivery date, and no instructions or help from dell at all. Am rather disappointed with the service provided by dell here. Still haven't managed to install mine.

21 Posts

January 18th, 2014 04:00

Hello.

Glad to see the issue resolved with dell digital delivery.

If you cannot find it via dell digital delivery try https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/Welcome.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fweb%2fmain.aspx and choose your correspondent country on the top left of the site.

If you do not receive a product key with your purchase I would recommend calling customer service as soon as possibly as this is missing from the order.

Br.

No Events found!