Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2014 08:00

Backup and Recovery

I have the latest Backup softwar after a major crash - I now find that the programme (paid for the upgrade) crashes EVERYTIME I try to recover my data.  Not sure if anyone has tried to call Dell or even e-mail them but the website just put you in a loop of despair - t is imposible to get anyone to look at their problem.  How do I get someone to tell me how to recover my data from a programe tha twasn't cheap and doesn't work?

My ISP offers Norton 360 free, Guess I will go there but still want this data set 1st!

3 Posts

May 27th, 2014 09:00

I agree but unfortunatly that doesn't help me get my files back and I would love Dell to tell me how to do that before I scrap the terrible programme.  I have just got NC as that has never let me down but that only got me to Jan 2013!!  I have 18 months of work 'hidden' in a Dell file that wont work.

Will let this run a bit to see if Dell bother to answer????  Not holding my breath!

Thanks

11 Posts

May 27th, 2014 09:00

I believe a refund of your $40 that you paid for the "premium" edition of Dell Backup and Recovery is in order.  I am thinking of getting a refund myself, for a product that is not documented, and in some cases doesn't even work!  Most of the free backup and recovery solutions are much better and at least have some documentation.

No Events found!